Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #311  
How do they convert Dc to AC without dumping it into a storage vehicle to then allow an inverter to do a conversion.

You can't have direct DC to AC...impossible.

Inverter… here is mine. Most common type of installation small or Giant

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #312  
Sorry to burst your bubble, but as long as we have a president we will never "give up" Air Force 1. Regardless of the fuel used, any aircraft becomes Air Force 1 when the president steps on board. If he takes a ride on the Good Year Blimp, it's Air Force 1 while he is on board. Air Force 1 has nothing to do with going green, climate change, or the EV vs ICE debate if that is the point you were trying to make.
If we're being pedantic, it is only Air Force One if the president is aboard an Air Force craft. When he or she is aboard a Marine helicopter, it is Marine One. So it would be Goodyear One if he were aboard a Goodyear Blimp.

We all know what he meant, the set of aircraft painted specifically for use by the president and commonly referred to as Air Force One.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #313  
I have owned a EV for 4 years now, i love it. It replaced a gas car. Cost to operate so .02 cents a mile, but my solar offsets that to zero. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds is a thrill ride. I do not miss standing in the winter cold pumping gas, just plug it in at night in the garage. I would consider replacing my truck is someone builds one that could pull my dump trailer with 5 tons of gravel in it, for now I stick with my diesel truck and tractor.
I hear people say that electricity from their solar is free. It sounds like these solar systems are being given away with no charge. That's the only way you can get free electricity. Where can I get one of these free solar setups?

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #317  
Plenty of iCE cars get in to wrecks and are totaled out. If hit from behind, the motor is most likely Okay and can be had for $1200 or less from a salvage yard. Now that EVs are incorporating the Battery Pack in to the frame structure I doubt any one will be able to do just an easy swap.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #318  
Progress is what you have described on EV vehicles entering market . Keep in mind no standards have been set on charging rather they all have their own charging stations. Too early too expensive to jump in to EV. Why the lack of infrastructure until charging stations are a plentiful across the globe. You are left to seek out stations and some cases you will wait for a charging station to free up. Also stand back and understand if we all plugged our ev to charge at home it’s like running another AC unit at your house. Today’s grid system cannot sustain it self Currently today without brown outs somewhere. Add EV’s a plenty we will have more issues. Right now EV is novel item for those who can afford them. It’s perceived as cost savings by those who set the narrative.Keep driving what you own times always change as we have seen throughout history.
Pure EV is novelty item at least until infrastructure is completed that may be 36-48 months. Power grid may take longer 60 to 72. Then a pure EV vehicle will obsolete ICE. Right now I will agree hybrid vehicles non- plug versions are of value until the transformation to Pure EV exists. Not knocking progress on pure EV. The ICE car in the turn of the 20th century experienced innovation over past 100 years. The ICE car replaced horses and wagons. The Pure EV is its infancy currently as time moves forward they will be new ICE replacement unless Hydrogen cars pull forward and are less expensive. We all benefit from progress one way or another. Not picking on any form of transportation we drive what are budget permits.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #319  
Never. I'm old school. I like the sound, feel and smell of combustion vehicles. I know electric motors can produce more torque and I don't care if I have to pay a fortune for fuel....I'm a gear head and I like what I grew up with. I hate change and I hate technology. Not to mention this electric saving the environment is a pipe dream. It's only good to the narrow minder that don't look at the big picture.

Plus I commute 300 miles to work in rural bush land in minus 40 winters. So even if i did buy a new electric Ford truck, I'd have to have my diesel Kubota generator running in the bed, LOL

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #320  
I tried watching the E class while watching Moto GP motorcycle racing. I couldn't make it more than 5 minutes. it was about as exciting as watching the grass grow with no engine sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.