TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,121  
I have posted my journey into PCP rifles this year. Well, Crosman had a 25% site wide sale and free shipping for Black Friday. Ended up getting two 1701P PCP pistols. Amazon had tins of 500 pellets for $6 delivered but limited to 4 tins....I should be able to order more in a day or so when the system resets BTW, reason I got two pistols is that I am blessed with a lady that enjoys shooting.

I LOVE to shoot, and PCP guns let me do that inexpensively. Less than $8/500 shots (costs of pellets and air). Both my rifles are sub 1” at 50 yards, and these pistols are rated at .25” at 10 meters...we shall see!

I am a bit of a prepper and hoarder, so I have plenty of primers, powder and .22 LR. But I am also cheap. I would rather sell most of my stash of .22LR for $40-50/brick than plink with it. And PCP’s are more accurate than cheap .22LR anyway. With primers around $100/k and powder $50/lb, I am not wasting them to put plinking rounds downrange.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,122  
So, for reloading, powder seems to be available, but it might not be your favorite (8208xbr, Varget, h4350, h4895) but similar use powders can be found. Primers are still really limited and expensive, But, they are out there, at around $15/100. Biggest issue, is a $150/1000 becomes over $200 with HazMat and shipping. The huge advantage is that stack of 100 large rifle primers, and 1# of medium rifle powder is your choice of 100 rnd of probably a dozen calibers.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,124  
In the last three weeks I've been working on building a gun vault. Still have to finish a few things like the felt covered shelving below the tactical gun walls and I still have to go pick up the custom fitted vault door and install that.

Also got a few other goodies including a VR80 12ga (got massaged at Tooth and Nail Armory), DP12 12ga, Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 (I installed a Proof Research CF wrapped barrel), a Tavor X95 in .300 blk and another pistol. The RPR already got a nice spike. Now I'm just waiting for the 12 pt I've seen a couple times in the area.

Attachments

• Pre Shot.jpg
    Pre Shot.jpg
    937.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Spike.jpg
    Spike.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 91
  • RPR 308.jpg
    RPR 308.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 100
  • GR 1.jpg
    GR 1.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 99
  • GR 2.jpg
    GR 2.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 95
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,125  
Ok, I have to ask...

What the heck is a "tactical gun wall" ?

What makes a wall "tactical"?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,127  
Varget is unobtainium around here. It is my favorite powder for .223 and . 308.
Have up looking for deals on my favorite powders about three years ago. Just buy as much of the same lot as I can when I see it…still have trouble keeping up and I buy a whole lot. 2.3 needs to get a dang sponsor soon or I’m gonna have to cut off her training ammo!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,130  
Varget, H4350, and IMR 8208XBR where hard to find before this craziness. Ive found SW Precision seems to be close to a Varget sub. IMR4064 is an excellent powder that doesnt seem to be in as hard demand as Varget.