TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,471  
My wife took the CCL class not long ago, used my little LCP Max for it...and afterwards informed me that the pistol is now hers lol.

PXL_20240131_005509983.jpg

So today I picked up my new ride-along, Sig Sauer P365, complete with thumb safety and optic ready if I so desire (which I don't...currently). I got a Sticky holster for it to hold me over, until the Vedder Lighttuck arrives.

PXL_20240131_005610290.MP.jpg

Here's the size comparison, with the Sig not much bigger. With a packed 12-round mag though, the Ruger weighs 14.2 oz, whereas the Sig is 24.7 oz.
That extra weight ain't huge, but it does feel questionable carrying it aiwb in the Sticky, like I can easily do with the Ruger. I tried it around the house a little, and we'll check it out while walking the dog tomorrow. Hopefully, Vedder won't make me wait too long for their holster.

PXL_20240131_005722764.MP.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,472  
Releasing wild animals on any property ,not your own, is a crime in Vermont.
I agree, why should pests be someone else problem?

Abandoned farm? My foot!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,473  
I picked up two new handguns and a Case Club case to take to the range. I already had the CZ P-01. The Walther P22 and Springfield XD-E are new.
20240114_095636.jpg
20240114_095740.jpg
20240114_095755.jpg
20240114_095814.jpg
20240114_095838copy.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,475  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,477  
I bought a new 20 ga Weatherby element shot gun not to long ago and the dang thing wont load shells or eject them like it should. I love the gun, it's light, feels good and it a great looking shotgun. I carried it back a couple times to where I bought it but each time they said there is nothing wrong with it other than I need to shoot it a couple hundred times with the highest power shells I can find to break it in, and it will be ok. But they added It probably would never shoot low brass shells.

Now looking back if they had told me I would have to shoot up $300.00 worth of shells before maybe it would shoot, I don't think I would have bought it.:) When I bought it I bought 5 cases of regular target loads to break it in with and they sure didn't mind selling them to me even though they won't worth a doodle in my new shooter. I also bought 2 cases of game loads that are high brass but with only 7/8oz of shot now they are telling me they will probably never shoot properly either.

To their credit they said they would send it back and have the factory look at it but also added that they would most likely say the same thing. Yesterday I went out and bought me a new 20 ga Bereta pump action shotgun just so I can get through the last month of rabbit hunting without worrying about whether the gun is going to shoot or not. I also bought 4 boxes of 3" magnum turkey loads to the tune of $42.00 a box to run through the Weatherby to see if that will loosen it up a little. Like I said I love the gun but I probably should have just bought me a single barrel shotgun because that's all I have now. End of rant, carry on with the regular program.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,478  
Rumor has it that there will be an Executive Order banning the sale and transfer of guns between private sellers without the transfer going through an FFL.

If I can find the link I will post it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,479  
I'm sure the farmer loves having more rodents, what a great idea:rolleyes:
There is no farmer. The place is boarded up and has been vacant for years. There are no occupied dwellings within miles of the place. In fact, releasing mice near abandoned buildings is not only legal, it is recommended by the Humane Society.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,480  
There is no farmer. The place is boarded up and has been vacant for years. There are no occupied dwellings within miles of the place. In fact, releasing mice near abandoned buildings is not only legal, it is recommended by the Humane Society.
If I caught some SOB releasing vermin were they would be heading towards my place someone would be getting his a** whopped.
The humane society be damned, bunch of nosy body flakes.