Today's new cars are way overpowered...

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #301  
New cars are rev limited to 1200-2000 rpm in park, depending on brand and model, to make them fool proof. That way you can't rev them to the moon with no load and blow the engine.

That is a great feature. With the winter storm on top of us I have been learning more about the traction control features today. :)

Actually for 99.9% of the time software makes vehicles more functional in my view.

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #302  
That is a great feature. With the winter storm on top of us I have been learning more about the traction control features today. :)

Actually for 99.9% of the time software makes vehicles more functional in my view.

Wait'll you get into a situation where stability control takes over for you and saves your life.... you'll change your pants, then kiss your car.

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #303  
New cars are rev limited to 1200-2000 rpm in park, depending on brand and model, to make them fool proof. That way you can't rev them to the moon with no load and blow the engine.

How is grandma going to rev it up because she can't hear it while parked in front of her hairdresser, put it in D because she can't see very well and go through the storefront now? Can't anything stay the same? :D

I guess we can get her an ecoboost and she can power her way through at 1700 rpm.

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #304  
Wait'll you get into a situation where stability control takes over for you and saves your life.... you'll change your pants, then kiss your car.

I like the way it will automatically kick out the cruise control, usually that is my first clue that things are getting wonky on the highway

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #305  
First time I noticed it was when my wife bought a new Montana Sport in 2000, I was sitting it messing telling her I was gonna blow it up, I went to rev it and it stopped about 1800 rpm. For giggles I mashed it to the floor and held it, and it just stayed at 1800.

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #306  

As long as it is not the 0.1% time that crashes me like it did my friend in a Ford Explorer when it automatically went to 4WD on an icy road.

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #307  
Open differential & big tire's look good in the Parkin lot on a dry summer day.
It's always fun to watch trucks with mud tires on snow and ice. Saw one take out a row of 3-4 parked cars when he goosed it around the corner.

The tread blocks look like they'd be good but the compound is much too hard.

Most of our fleet has Nokian Hakkapaliita R2's. They have many small sipes and special compounds. We use several brands but Nokian is our first choice.
NT_product-image_HKPL_R2.png

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #308  
There are Nokian studded winter tire's on my car. They work well.

/ Today's new cars are way overpowered... #309  
It's always fun to watch trucks with mud tires on snow and ice. Saw one take out a row of 3-4 parked cars when he goosed it around the corner.

The tread blocks look like they'd be good but the compound is much too hard.

Most of our fleet has Nokian Hakkapaliita R2's. They have many small sipes and special compounds. We use several brands but Nokian is our first choice.
NT_product-image_HKPL_R2.png

Those are nice looking snow tires. I expect our Arctic Claws are low end snow tires but but they have a lot of sipes and are stud ready.

By having them on the rear also the car stops well as well in MN last week they were awesome and saved the day in our mini ice storm.

At age 65 with major physical limitations from arthritis I plan to run snow tires every winter going forward.

These should last for years only running them 3 months a year.