TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,451  
Spent yesterday afternoon picking up branches that fell during the winter's heavy snows all along our long drive. Needed to get them out of the way before I mow, which will be earlier than normal this year. Used my dump trailer with stake sides to haul the stuff to the brush pile. This picture is not yesterday but is what I used.

DanielsFarm1A.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,452  
Time for a BIG load of firewood,

IMG-2093-S.jpg

My buddy was pretty proud of how much we got on the wagon,

IMG-2089-S.jpg

In fact, we cut so much it would no longer stay on the wagon, so I had to get the last of it loaded on the pallet forks, grappling it to hold it in place!

IMG-2094-S.jpg

And then we headed home to the splitting yard!

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,455  
Took advantage of a golden opportunity this past weekend.....

I toured around with the grounds superintendent at our local golf course and he had me aerate all the hardpan areas.
We stayed away from the fairways, and focused on the long grass rough. We were able to pull 4" cores!

They have never had a sub compact on their course with attachments, so I gave them some ideas to think about.
We stuck with aerating most of the day, but I showed them also what could be done with the aerator and tine rake in combination to prepare for seeding.

As you would expect, they have all the equipment to take care of the course, but to boot around with a sub compact and tackle small jobs here and there, they are now considering one!

It was a fun day to chat with the crew who are all now retired and enjoy cutting grass all day!
They were all pretty excited to see me come in and do my thing, and complimented me on my skills and results.

They plan to have me back to take care of the gravel paths with the land plane and box blade after I showed them photos of my previous work.

I never thought I would ever be on a golf course with my sub compact.....lol

Thanks for looking! Cheers!

1714961723358.png

1714961919306.png

1714962086180.png

1714962152830.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,456  
Hit 80 hours on the Kubota this weekend (I got it at 32 hours). My mother swears we're taking down trees one limb at a time. One of the maples out front shed an oversized limb from all the rain (And the late, heavy snow probably didn't help earlier this year)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'll never be without a FEL and a grapple again
Edit.jpg

Watch this space, as I'm sure mulch is coming soon.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,457  
Used the forks as a set of saw horses for building some more raised garden beds.

"Amish wood" - milled last Friday.

At 60¢/bf, I have about $20 invested in each frame. They are lasting more than 4 years, so less than 5 bucks a year.

I'm OK with that math...
20240507_094613.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,458  
Used the forks as a set of saw horses for building some more raised garden beds.

"Amish wood" - milled last Friday.

At 60¢/bf, I have about $20 invested in each frame. They are lasting more than 4 years, so less than 5 bucks a year.

I'm OK with that math...View attachment 867969
I'm starting to build in those. I have a 2 acre cleared field, but when they stumped it 15 years ago the first 6" of topsoil ended up in the stump pile. Now those have rotted down and I'm working the soil back into my field.

The first raised bed I put in was a crate which skid steer tracks came in. I saw it at the rental place and offered 5 bucks for it... I planted my garlic in it for 4 years before relegating it to the brush pile.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,459  
In April 2013 I built an asparagus bed for my wife using 2 X 12 rough cut hemlock, no preservative. I am going to replace it this year by building another box around the old one which is starting to pull apart in the corners. I think 11 years is pretty good. You can see it in a picture from last May behind and forward of my wheeler.

23_5_17-4.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,460  
You got your money's worth with those boards Mr. Gordon.

And Mr. Jstpssng, you're the reason I need more garden beds to plant some of those Maine logging camp beans for a "bean hole" which you mentioned a while back!

Think it might be less work to just travel to Maine and try them...