TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,511  
Today I decided to do a little roadside trimming under the powerline while I wait for spring.

Seams like Mother Nature wants to drag it out this year. Spring is coming, but every time it looks like the weather is going to warm up it doesn't. Like everyone else around here my driveway needs work yet there's still too many places that are still thawing.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,512  
It went from winter to summer here almost overnight. It has been in the 80's all this week but it is supposed to cool off this weekend.

I did some work on my driveway today but I did not get any pictures because it was dark when I finished up.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,513  
More brush hogging with the out front mower on the Toolcat.
P4120025.JPG

The view through the windshield, notice the thick brush, and you can see the front corners of the 7' mower.
P4120013.JPG

Cut the brush and backed up for the picture.
P4120015.JPG
Decided to leave the tree standing! :laughing:

Got this area finished. View from the top of the dam.
P4120020.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,514  
Nice the brush hog infront would save me from always having to drive backwards through the thick stuff. I don't like the saplings scraping along the underside as i have not had a chance to build skid plates yet.
More brush hogging with the out front mower on the Toolcat.
View attachment 312920

The view through the windshield, notice the thick brush, and you can see the front corners of the 7' mower.
View attachment 312921

Cut the brush and backed up for the picture.
View attachment 312922
Decided to leave the tree standing! :laughing:

Got this area finished. View from the top of the dam.
View attachment 312923

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,515  
Nice the brush hog infront would save me from always having to drive backwards through the thick stuff. I don't like the saplings scraping along the underside as i have not had a chance to build skid plates yet.

Thanks, it was designed to be pushed by a skidsteer. I bought it for the V417, but it works good on the Toolcat also.
PA010009.JPG

Notice the hinge at the of of the quick attach plate.
PA010003.JPG P4120002.JPG

The hydraulic motor drives a 540 rpm gear box.
P4060002.JPG P4060001.JPG

It has a stump jumper plate.
P4010076.JPG

Yep, so much better out front. :D:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,516  
Took my son to a tilling job we got. He made a few bucks and we helped someone get ready for summer planting. Could not have been an easier tilling job. Soil was soft and rich, no rocks or tree stumps to deal with. Went from field to garden plot in about 35 minutes. Area was 40ish by 40 ish. Picking up odd jobs to help teach him about working with the tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,518  
This may be a bit odd.

Yesterday I used my DIY wood pallet forks as a lift to get my Airens 1332 riding mower off the ground to determine why it stopped moving last fall. The forks slipped between the tires and the mower deck. The drive belt had jumped off the motor pulley due to a missing bit that holds the belt in the pulley when it is slack. About 10 minutes start to finish. It worked very slick and yes I was careful not to stand directly under it.

I did not take a picture of the above but these are the forks. The cross laminated jointed 2x4s are glued with polyurethane and clamp to the top lip of the bucket with a pipe clamp and a 2x4 machined to capture the reward facing lip.
312606d1365634033-wood-pallet-forks-bx2200-b1.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,519  
This may be a bit odd.

Yesterday I used my DIY wood pallet forks as a lift to get my Airens 1332 riding mower off the ground to determine why it stopped moving last fall. The forks slipped between the tires and the mower deck. The drive belt had jumped off the motor pulley due to a missing bit that holds the belt in the pulley when it is slack. About 10 minutes start to finish. It worked very slick and yes I was careful not to stand directly under it.

I did not take a picture of the above but these are the forks. The cross laminated jointed 2x4s are glued with polyurethane and clamp to the top lip of the bucket with a pipe clamp and a 2x4 machined to capture the reward facing lip.
View attachment 313803

Very clever! :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,520  
I went down the sides of my road with the rear blade to dress up the edges a little. It is still to early here to do anything serious. Things are pretty wet and soft. I ran the blade offset, angled, and backwards. This might have been a waste of time but when we suddenly get a 70 degree day there is no way I am going to stay off the tractor and this seemed like a good thing to do.

Attachments

• OffsetBlade2.JPG
    OffsetBlade2.JPG
    816.1 KB · Views: 228