TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,911  
Fun Night got to use the tractor to unstick a Wrecker from my yard.
My buddy Mark called me at 6:30 and told me his G6 with 303,000 miles died on the way home he described the symptoms and i told him dead alternator. I Had him tow it out to my house. Then the wrecker driver got stuck in my yard with his international flatbed while trying to get out to my Barn he made some impressive sized ruts.
Converstaion went something like this:
Mark "Don't worry My Buddy will pull you out with his tractor."
Truck driver "I think were screwed"
Mark "no don't worry He'll be able to pull it out its not a toy tractor"
From 75 yards away the truck driver was still not convinced. As i rolled up mark said he was a little more hopeful. I Didn't even spin a tire on the tractor with the truck in neutral. They then unloaded the car and realized the keys were locked in the car. 1.5 hours after drop off we had the alternator replaced and he was on the road again.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,912  
I planted another millstone at the new house.

photo1_zps25554800.jpg

photo2_zps599d18fa.jpg

photo_zpsf96d8711.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,916  
This one has almost doubled in size since it was planted. The roots have started crowding out the trees.

I have grown those before. They spread when they get so tall that the roots can not hold them back from rolling down a hill. Once at the bottom of the hill they will re-root. Since they can only roll down hill, they form mill stone groves in the bottom of valleys. If by chance the hill is too steep they may break up during the process, then they are called cobblestones. The deep valleys then have cobblestone roads at the bottom.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,917  
In Texas, we just wait until they fall off the tree so, we are sure they are ripe.:laughing:

ripe millstone.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,918  
Oh my god that's funny! If someone were to log on here and read about these millstone they would think we were lunatics!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,919  
Pretty ho-hum when compared with many of the accounts here. Moved a couple portable generators, added treatment to 20 gallons of diesel. Then topped off the tank and drove it to the mailbox after a lap around the yard to make sure the fuel wa thoroughly mixed.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,920  
Got some more easy to get wood. Neighbors buddy had good sized oak taken down by the road commission. My neighbor took pretty much all the stuff less than 20" Diameter and left me all the big stuff. break.
20131207_165111_tonemapped1-vi.jpg

_165223_RichtoneHDR_tonemapped-vi.jpg

This Pile is about 7 feet tall at the peak and about 14 feet long. Most of the wood is between 8 and 16 feet in length. I'll be busy over the Christmas :D
20131207_170130_LLS_tonemapped-vi.jpg

Attachments

• 20131207_165111_tonemapped1-vi.jpg
    20131207_165111_tonemapped1-vi.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 116