TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,021  
Last night after work got a couple hours hauling round bales out of my field. The neighbor bales it and he was just starting to haul out the round bales when i got home. He had another bale spear for the 3 point so i was able to help.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,022  
Well I hung my lawn tractor using the backhoe on the tractor. It has been pretty cool and wet so the grass has never really dried. So when you cut it is sticks like mud to the inside of the mower deck. Wanted to really clean it by power washing and then take the blades off to sharpen. Used a heavy rope around the front bumper guard and then carefully pulled the front of the lawn tractor up. Worked great, got the deck really clean and gave the blades a much needed sharpening .

Attachments

• DSCF0135.jpg
    DSCF0135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 388
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,023  
Well I hung my lawn tractor using the backhoe on the tractor...

That is RIGHTEOUS!

You sir are AWESOME!

Who needs a TSC "Mo-Jack" for $129! Not when you have a backhoe!

[insert Tim ToolMan grunting sound]
:D
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,024  
I finally got the chance to get up to my upper field/leach field to mow it. It had a ton of growth since my last visit in March!!!! It isn't very easy to get up there (~30 degree hill climb) so it doesn't get much attention, but I'd like to plant a foodplot of some sort to attract deer. The space lends itself to a nice garden, but I'm leery about planting edibles over my graywater system.

I don't have a bushhog, so I ended up using my bushhog brand finish mower to knock down the chokeberries, tall grass, and poplar shoots up to an inch thick. It worked Perfectly!

tractoring1.jpg tractoring.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,025  
Friday night we had a serious T-storm and lost some dead trees and some good tree tops etc. But the seat time one was...

We needed to be out early yesterday as our tenants last day and final inspection was needed. Nan and girls were in the Flex because they wer ggoing to grocery store after inspect and quick clean, I was on one of my Harleys. I got to the gate and discovered a massive poplar tree top was down and across the driveway. Probably 25-30 feet worth of tree top, way too big to handle, and sawing it up would have taken hours. Plus we were already running late because we'd had no power all night etc.

I parked the Harley and ran back for the tractor, good thing the grapple was attached already... The driveway easement outside my gate is verry narrow with a wire horse fence on one side, and a heavily treed valley on the other. I only had like 12-15 feet of space to work in so I had to break the tree top into peices with the tractor and grapple and shove them sideways to clear a path.

I did.

Then I went further down and found another downed dead tree and moved it also, clearing the route all the way to the pavement.

I only got a bout 10 minutes of seat time, but my wife was thrilled and actually said the tractor etc. had actually "earned it's keep" because we'd have been clearing that mess for a LONG TIME cutting it onto peices and moving it by hand.

That comment made my day. I had thought the same thing, saying a silent prayer of thanks for having a tractor and grapple strong enough to make very light work of a yucky surprise. It was awesome that she agreed!:thumbsup:

I still have a big mess alongside the drive and will have to cut and haul that tree top out, but we can drive by it for now...

It took me longer to run back to the house, get the keys, warm up and the tractor to the gate than it really took to make a path.

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,029  
Yesterday I started my week of vacation with the girls all off on a field trip road trip to Cincy & the Creation Museum with assorted tractoring.

I built a funeral pyre burn pile for my daughters duck that died, and I added stuff to it with the grapple. I cleaned up a downed tree top from the storm, I ratchet raked some vines and thorny hawthornes, I pretty much had an awesome day until I decided to systematically grind every stump in a section of soon to be pasture.

I bent one of the 3pt mounts on my TSG-50!!!! EEK!!! Did I Break my Stump Grinder!!!!!

I'm hoping it is not as bad as it looks, but I took it off because I'm skeert of breaking it.

Today will be bush hogging and grappling, maybe burning, and prepping for a 2nd amendment 4th of July party tomorrow at my place. I like ot think of it as "Shooting & Sausages" :licking:

If you have any ideas about what to do on my TSG-50, please send them my way.

Be well all,
David

Attachments

• 2012-07-02 18.12.35.jpg
    2012-07-02 18.12.35.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 2012-07-02 18.12.26.jpg
    2012-07-02 18.12.26.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 2012-07-02 18.00.14.jpg
    2012-07-02 18.00.14.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 2012-07-02 18.00.07.jpg
    2012-07-02 18.00.07.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 173
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,030  
Looks like it could be bent back. I think i would weld some gusset plates on to strengthen it though.