TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,181  
More rocks. Had to chain this one of of its hole. Only about 6x8" of rock was exposed when I started.

1470689621440.jpg

1470689630755.jpg

1470689643252.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,183  
More rocks. Had to chain this one of of its hole. Only about 6x8" of rock was exposed when I started.

Don't you just love the mystery. Should I dig it out or just cover it and make believe it isn't there.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,184  
So I'm not the only one? I greatly look forward to Saturday - going out and mowing, bush hogging, or clearing brush.

I don't farm anymore, so haven't done any plowing in quite a few years, but there is nothing better than looking back on fresh plowed field and seeing that you got something done. Rare to get that kind of visual pleasure pushing paper.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,185  
Spent 8 hours straight using the bush hog today.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,186  
3-1/2 hours for me: Farm 2016 054.JPG Farm 2016 057.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,187  
Sadly, the only seat time the Kubota got today, was early this morning. My granddaughters (across the road from me) Jack Russell Terrier was hit by a car. I had to pick him up and go down in the woods and dig out a hole with the FEL to bury him. She is only 13 and this really hit her hard as she was very close to him and he slept with her every night. The car was going slow and not at fault as he was getting bad about chasing cars lately even on our little side road. A sad start to the day for sure. She was so upset/crying that she missed the first day of school today. He was a very good protector and even killed a couple of copperheads/rattle snakes around his house this summer. Got a swollen up snout a few times. :(

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,188  
On a lighter note, I finished the rebuild on my 1952 Ford 8N and hooked up the 5' finishing mower to test it out. It now has much more power/oil pressure and runs the mower without a hickup! I am very pleased to have it back in action just for that purpose. Less changing of implements with the Kubota makes me very happy. The N tractors don't have a great deal of HP like the newer tractors do, so every HP counts. I bet it had lost at least 10 HP or so over the last 35 years of use. It got to where it could not pull the mower or bush hog without choking down and having to "slip" the clutch to keep it going in 4-6" stuff. And forget it if it had to pull on a slight slope up hill...just about had to stop and let it catch up a little and then continue. Slow going for sure. Now it just buzzes right through all of that. :thumbsup: I finished cutting one field later this morning...before it got too hot for me.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,189  
Don't you just love the mystery. Should I dig it out or just cover it and make believe it isn't there. gg
If I can't wiggle it with the backhoe I leave it alone. I don't want to make a big hole digging up boulders like that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,190  
If I can't wiggle it with the backhoe I leave it alone. I don't want to make a big hole digging up boulders like that.

I do the same thing. Unfortunately, it wiggled it with dang backhoe. Lol. Hoe could flip it over in the hole but not pull it out.