TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,132  
Rob you made that look awful easy...nice dirt.
I do it every year, so it goes pretty fast/easy...

All of the "dirt" is compost, that was a low spot, so it's 2 to 3 feet deep of pure compost, and veggies really grow very well in it.

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,133  
I envy the dirt that SR gets to work with. All my life it has been nothing but roots and rocks. Today for instance:

Attachments

• roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 240
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,134  
Well, this dirt has been getting the rocks taken off it since the 1800's... AND the roots too, and I'm still at it! lol

I MADE the above garden soil, so I KNOW it's root/rock free... :)

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,135  
Got out with my little Z and tackled some neglected grass... first mow of the year for this area. Oops. Still surprised that even with the grass 18 to 24in it still mowed with the mulching kit and didn't clog or die once!

IMG_9632 2.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,136  
Got out with my little Z and tackled some neglected grass... first mow of the year for this area. Oops. Still surprised that even with the grass 18 to 24in it still mowed with the mulching kit and didn't clog or die once!

View attachment 509969

dragoneggs, maybe you ought to mow your front lawn a little more often, easier on the equipment.....:D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,137  
Got the baby out and dug 150' of underground electric 4' deep, then dumped in 6" of sand. Today, lay the conduit and backfill.. I'm whupped, good thing the tractor doesn't get tired...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,139  
I spent the morning cutting and chipping brush growing on the leach field. The closest I can get the tractor is down a slope below the bench the leach field is on. I have to drag the brush to the chipper. I back it up so the chipper's facing up the slope. At least I'm dragging it down hill. The parts that are already starting to rot go into a pile, the rest gets chipped.

IMG_0261.JPG

The brush is mostly coyote brush. It's native but it's nasty stuff, even thicker here than elsewhere on my land. The branches break easily but then they just grow roots where they touch the ground and make another plant. It's been at least 20 years since the leach field has been cleared. There's two or three layers of dead stuff under the live layer. Some of the coyote brush trunks are too big to fit in an 8" chipper. It's 10-12' high. Lots of stinging nettle and poison oak in there too. I'll be glad when this is done. I plan to use Triclopyr on the whole area to kill the brush and poison oak stumps and turn it into a grass field, which I can keep cleared with a brush cutter.

IMG_0263.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,140  
dragoneggs, maybe you ought to mow your front lawn a little more often, easier on the equipment.....:D
Ha ha... well this is my property but actually it is an easement for a septic drain field for my neighbor on the waterfront. He has to pump up to this area and technically it his responsibility to maintain. Over the last few years, I have taken it over as he is getting long in the tooth.