TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,031  
It's your draft control sensor. I have a 4707. Do not lose that! Very important. Very awesome feature.

thanks, it looked expensive. Will leave it right where it is. My challenge is this tractor is Class 2 and I'm doing a lot of spacers for class 1 equipment I already have. Needed to swap out oem top link for Cat 1, but with hydraulic top link coming in soon, should be even easier.
Is off position on draft control all the way rearward?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,032  
thanks, it looked expensive. Will leave it right where it is. My challenge is this tractor is Class 2 and I'm doing a lot of spacers for class 1 equipment I already have. Needed to swap out oem top link for Cat 1, but with hydraulic top link coming in soon, should be even easier.
Is off position on draft control all the way rearward?
Look for the dial on the right post by the ignition key. That is the draft control Screenshot_20181230-083636_Gallery.jpeg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,033  
sixdogs, my property is flat as a pool table so I have no experience with this.

Other than a plow or vertical tillage, what other implements is draft control used for?

Anything that is ground engaging. Here's how it works.

When you are driving across a field, you will hit high and low spots and the front wheels will go in first. If it's a low spot, the front end will dip down and the back end lurch up. If you had a blade in back when that happened you would dump a pile of dirt when the back end went up. Same for the reverse of hitting a a high spot. Up goes the front, down goes the back and if there's a rock rake in back it's going to gouge out a groove.

Draft control fixes this by ''sensing'' the resistance, or lack of resistance, on that implement and compensates for it. After that, the front will go up or down, as will that back, but the implement will stay the same and flatten things out flatter than a pancake. It's a piece of cake. Depending on the weight of the rear implement, you change it's ''draft'' resistance by moving the lever. It's a little more because you also adjust implement height with your position control lever and they work together. You'll see, and flatter than a pancake will evolve for a desire to be pool table smooth. You should see the lawns and fields I do.

Other applications such as plows are same. I found the owner's manual confusing and always thought the guy that wrote it never did it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,034  
The end of my culvert had gotten mashed down and wasn’t draining good. My backhoe was the obvious best tool to straighten it. IMG_1034.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,035  
I set a concrete block wall for the sportsman’s club. The whole project was pretty much a train wreck but we got it mostly done. They didn’t want to pour a concrete footer. They didn’t want to bring in 30 tons of gravel to build a good base. We didn’t have a dozer to cut the base. Even if we did the bedrock was a foot too high in the middle. They already had some blocks on site that were different than the new ones. Despite all the setbacks it’s pretty straight and fits together pretty good.IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1048.JPGIMG_1040.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,036  
^^^^
It looks like you didn't have any problems hauling them on your trailer, either. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,037  
No that went good. We hauled 4 per trip on my trailer and 2 on my dump truck. The dump truck handled them like a champ. The trailer handed them pretty good too.IMG_1050.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,038  
Nice job 4570Man very well done under not the best conditions

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,039  
Anything that is ground engaging. Here's how it works.

When you are driving across a field, you will hit high and low spots and the front wheels will go in first. If it's a low spot, the front end will dip down and the back end lurch up. If you had a blade in back when that happened you would dump a pile of dirt when the back end went up. Same for the reverse of hitting a a high spot. Up goes the front, down goes the back and if there's a rock rake in back it's going to gouge out a groove.

Draft control fixes this by ''sensing'' the resistance, or lack of resistance, on that implement and compensates for it. After that, the front will go up or down, as will that back, but the implement will stay the same and flatten things out flatter than a pancake. It's a piece of cake. Depending on the weight of the rear implement, you change it's ''draft'' resistance by moving the lever. It's a little more because you also adjust implement height with your position control lever and they work together. You'll see, and flatter than a pancake will evolve for a desire to be pool table smooth. You should see the lawns and fields I do.

Other applications such as plows are same. I found the owner's manual confusing and always thought the guy that wrote it never did it.

Very good sixdogs, excellent explanation . . . daugen are you getting your garden ready for the less fortunate again this year? :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #9,040  
Very good sixdogs, excellent explanation . . . daugen are you getting your garden ready for the less fortunate again this year? :thumbsup:

Yup, funny you mention that...planted 200 collard seeds yesterday plus 200 Wakefield Cabbage seeds. My let's see how early I can do this and get away with it trays...most of it will get planted in a few weeks. Then goes into ground early to mid February. Seems nuts but not much winter here.
Also planted some flower seeds to get some color in the greenhouse.

400 pounds of seed potatoes on order, should get them in late February, half go in March one, half late March. Two big dig parties planned like last year.
Goal is two tons of red and white potatoes.
Lots more cabbage this year, and lots of financial cabbage spent on plastic in garden so much less weeding this year. My arms about fell off last year.

Wish the stock market hadn't tanked. Sure had my eye on this potato digger, lot of money to spend, potato plow/middlebuster works, sort of, gets clogged, there really is a better way and it's this implement. Potato Digger to Harvest Potatoes

Attachments

• IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 104