TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,831  
That is the perfect solution for truckload and less jobs. I didn't see them around here very often on the west side of the state and not al all in the Okanogan.

You could actually continue loading them with a loader and do huge jobs but they seemed to mix pretty slow so that idea might not be a big hit.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,833  
I've seen them poured that way a few times.
They were a lot deeper in the ground then that, the top of the footer was 4 ft below final grade.
Usually they use forms as the ditching gets so wide from the rocks and banks falling down that it saves money to form it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,835  
I've never seen them poured directly into the trench like that. Up here, the frost would likely do something to it.

That’s how everyone does it here. I’ve never seen anyone form one here. And that was a to code job. It would be a considerable effort to form one. I dumped 9.3 yards of concrete there at $145 a yard. And I poured it close to a foot thick average. I could’ve tightened it up to the code required 8 inches if I was that worried about it. Even if you cut the concrete cost by half which I doubt you could do it wouldn’t be worth it to form one especially with the price of lumber.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,836  
I doubt you could do it wouldn’t be worth it to form one especially with the price of lumber.
The price of lumber dropped like a rock here. OSB dropped from $65 a sheet to something in the neighborhood of $18 a sheet when I asked at the local lumber yard. Treated 2x4 and 2x6 had dropped substantially too, I bought 4 2x4 and 4 2x6 8' for $78. That's about what I paid for untreated a few months ago.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,837  
The price of lumber dropped like a rock here. OSB dropped from $65 a sheet to something in the neighborhood of $18 a sheet when I asked at the local lumber yard. Treated 2x4 and 2x6 had dropped substantially too, I bought 4 2x4 and 4 2x6 8' for $78. That's about what I paid for untreated a few months ago.

It fell quiet a bit here too. But even if it was free it’s way more work than it’s worth to form footers. They also aren’t very deep here and the ditch is pretty close to the starting width. It might make more sense if it was several feet deep.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,838  
Removed my rotary cutter for the season and attached my moldboard plow to put the garden to bed for the winter. Then I removed the plow and attached my rear blade so I’m ready for the first snow.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,839  
I was just aking an observation. Obviously you don't have frost in Tennessee.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,840  
They pour footers in MD that way, just deep enough to be below freeze depth.