TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,481  
Backroad yer grass cutter weak in the poop?
Wouldn't it be nice if the blades would suck up
the grass and cut it so we wouldn't have a few
lanes of high grass??

Very nice lawn you have there. Now you need a
1715708695432.png

willy

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,482  
Backroad yer grass cutter weak in the poop?
Wouldn't it be nice if the blades would suck up
the grass and cut it so we wouldn't have a few
lanes of high grass??

Very nice lawn you have there. Now you need a
View attachment 870076

willy
I haven't played that in decades. It was a lot of fun when we were kids, especially at family gatherings while the adults tossed horse shoes.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,483  
I take it where you live , there is an over abundance of rocks?
Revisiting this comment. These were taken yesterday, in an old field which has grown back to mature softwood.IMG_20240515_150501.jpgIMG_20240515_150456.jpg

The picture on the left doesn't do it any justice. It's a rock wall about 5 feet wide and 2 feet high, running several hundred feet along what was once a field.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,484  
Do ya'll put up those beautiful walls to keep the rocks in...or to keep them out???

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,486  
Sunny 80 here today, I did manage to get the back garden trenches in. I'll be dropping flower bulbs in this trench,

Resized-20240519-142111-S.jpg

This makes it VERY easy to plant bulbs, potatoes or even to put plants in.

SR

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,487  
Sunny 80 here today, I did manage to get the back garden trenches in. I'll be dropping flour bulbs in this trench,

Resized-20240519-142111-S.jpg

This makes it VERY easy to plant bulbs, potatoes or even to put plants in.

SR
I want to build something similar that I can use to plant potatoes and that I can swap out for a potato digger. Haven't got around to do yet. Maybe for the next year harvest.

Over here, it's common to mount the plows on the tiller. As it tills, it opens the furrows, ready to plant.

Like this:

1716149994113.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,489  
I got back to work on my back garden today, first thing I did was fill one of the trenches with flower bulbs,

Resized-20240520-132701-S.jpg

With that done, it was very easy to cover them up,

Resized-20240520-133436-S.jpg

Now I can ignore them until fall! lol

SR
See, THAT'S what I'm talking about. Where are the rocks?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,490  
See, THAT'S what I'm talking about. Where are the rocks?
First of all, all the soil you see in the pict. was put there as bucket load after bucket load of cowchit that I cleaned out from around a cattle feedlot. I hauled it all in (by the bucket load) and made that raised garden, (it's now composted out) even then some rocks still come up/through.

Every year I pick the few that come up and move them out, so it "looks" like I don't have rocks on my place, but I do.

SR