Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #41  
I repaired a gauge wheel on the BX today. Wife hit a stump a week or so ago, told me about it but I forgot. Guess thats why the yard was so streaked last mowing.

I tryed straitening the original bolt/axle but it wasnt going to be right. I was able to use a 1/2" bolt with a piece of 1/2" copper water pipe sleeved over it. Will work for now. No picture of that.

I also worked on the back screen of a brush cage I'm building for my 3005.

/ Todays shop time.
Here's my shop time for the last couple days. I cleaned up and painted my MMM, I made some spacers so I can run the same blades on the MMM and my front mower, I tore down my cub cadet and found why its leaking oil, and I built some powder coating stands.

image-1955609426.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1476842958.534428.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1476842973.483920.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1476842983.083605.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1476842996.783820.jpg

/ Todays shop time. #43  
Been doing a fair amount of spray painting of relatively small parts for various projects. I need to build a collapsable paint booth for small parts. My shop continues to take a dusting and I'm worried for my tools... I try to keep most covered but there has to be a better way. Maybe I will start a thread on this.

/ Todays shop time. #44  
Finally decided to retire my old (30yr) craftsman 20gal compressor and brought home a HD Husky 60gal. Got it temp wired and did the break in. Everything seems great except the pressure gauge doesn't move off of zero. :confused3:

Still need to permanently mount, create hard plumbing, filters, regulators, drains, etc. but this thing is a huge upgrade for a modest price of $489. I don't need an industrial grade and hoping this outlasts me.

IMG_8669.jpg

/ Todays shop time. #45  
Not work in the shop for the most part, but plan to remove all the clearance lights from my old motorhome and put on new ones. I have to first go buy some new stainless steel screws to fasten them with and some silicone to seal them. They didn't come with foam gaskets like the old one and my local camper repair shop said just silicone seal them and they will be better than a gasket.
I also need to change out the compressor pressure switch (again). They seem to always develop a leak under the diaphragm (cheap Chinese made crap)

/ Todays shop time. #46  
Hasn't been in my shop, but at work. Spent the better part of the past 3 days removing broken and or cut off exhaust manifold bolts. Both sides needed replaced, so a total of 16 bolts. 4 of them came out, after having been soaked in PB Blaster for days before, with the impact gun. All 8 on the driver side were so rusted there was no head left on the bolts, the manifold had to be cut out in chunks with air die grinder cut off disks, hammer, chistle, pliers, etc.

After repeatedly heating with a torch, soaking with PB, welding nuts onto the exposed stub of the bolt, breaking off nut, welding on another, heating, beating, swearing... All while working thru the inner fender area of the truck, smacking my knees on the front axle hub... (Front wheels, inner fender liner removed)

Finally... Success !

All removed, even one that was broken off flush with the head.

/ Todays shop time. #47  
Building a standby power system for the house. 4k with 7k surge 120/240v inverter/90amp charger into 24V battery bank, 16 6v batteries with a 24v 25 amp charger that I can run off of my 2k Honda generator that you can hardly hear run. It will also have 500 watts of solar power for the sunny days. The whole unit is built into a steel welding bench that I can move with my tractor, including the batteries. [solar panels excluded!] CJ

/ Todays shop time. #48  
I added a tank to drain water from my plasma CNC table. If I left the water in and didn't open the shop for few days (due to working out of home) the shop got very humid and there was mold on anything porous. I used a garden pond pump I had laying around to pump the water back.
I also built a garbage burning "barrel" from scrap metal because the actual burning barrel we used for few years just rusted and collapsed. I will post picture tomorrow.

/ Todays shop time. #49  
Been doing a fair amount of spray painting of relatively small parts for various projects. I need to build a collapsable paint booth for small parts. My shop continues to take a dusting and I'm worried for my tools... I try to keep most covered but there has to be a better way. Maybe I will start a thread on this.

I have a big cardboard box an appliance came in (Washing machine I think) I keep it folded flat behind some tool boxes. Use it for a paint booth when needed.

gg

/ Todays shop time. #50  
I repaired a gauge wheel on the BX today. Wife hit a stump a week or so ago, told me about it but I forgot. Guess thats why the yard was so streaked last mowing.

I tryed straitening the original bolt/axle but it wasnt going to be right. I was able to use a 1/2" bolt with a piece of 1/2" copper water pipe sleeved over it. Will work for now. No picture of that.
Assuming that your BX deck is like the one on our BX2660 (where there is a height adjuster on the floor in front of the seat), you might want to revisit your scalp wheel height. Per the manual, they are supposed to sit 3/4" or 1" above the ground with the deck at mowing height.
I set ours by setting it to 3.5", checking the blade height with a 2x4 andthen checking wheel height.
They are not intended to be in contact with the ground all the time.

Aaron Z