Toddler drowns in post hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Toddler drowns in post hole. #21  
Thanks for posting this, it is a good reminder. We had a friend lose a toddler this way-could have happened to anyone
If the OP prevents one fatality or injury it is worth my time to read the post.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #22  
Farming and Logging are among the top Accident sites. Kids should NEVER be given tractor rides unless inside a cab and don't leave them alone in there!

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #23  
After we were in our house for a year or so (1951 or so) my father and friends built a garage. They had a 55 gal drum for water for mixing cement. I was going to be helpful and get some water with a watering can. Climbed up, put can in water, reached in to pull heavy can up, pulled myself headfirst in to barrel. Only thing that saved me was the watering can and my feet sticking up out of the barrel. I think that’s where my fear of water came from.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #24  
There's no such thing as toddler safe area,eyes on is required. Now,stop posting depressing stuff unless you have a message that can't be conveyed without it.

I think the message was conveyed because of the story being shared and appreciated the warning. Not something everyone would consider as a hazard, and us learning from other people’s misfortunes is unfortunately how evolution works.

Triggers in life happen bud, so if you don’t like stories that can make you feel a little sad, I believe that’s a YOU problem, and not an US problem. It’s comments and thoughts like this that now has “graphic content” disclaimers on anything that is somewhat against our comfort level.

Welcome to life…

I suggest if hearing non-positive stories impact you and there is no disclaimer attached to warn you, it is up to YOU to learn to manage this. I’ve learned a long time ago it is easier to control your internal self then it is to try and manage the external world…I suggest you try this and a sad story serving as a warning for us won’t impact you as much as it seems to have.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #25  
After we were in our house for a year or so (1951 or so) my father and friends built a garage. They had a 55 gal drum for water for mixing cement. I was going to be helpful and get some water with a watering can. Climbed up, put can in water, reached in to pull heavy can up, pulled myself headfirst in to barrel. Only thing that saved me was the watering can and my feet sticking up out of the barrel. I think that’s where my fear of water came from.
Scary. Who pulled you out?

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #26  
Well, todays parents aren't looking after their children. They are "fire and forget", give em your car keys or smartphone and let them roam.
Well - I am a parent today and I don’t raise my kids this way, but good generalization. As a matter of fact, contrary to your comment, I look after my children. Generalizing has never led to any misconceptions ever in the past, so thanks for being so open with your opinion. Can’t see this type of ignorance being problematic in any way 👍

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #27  
rmacdon, there is always an exception to the rule. But don't pretend to hide that the majority of city slicker parents behave this way? They are too busy looking good on social media X. But that's ok, we're allowed to disagree still.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #28  
My posts weren't made looking for prase nor agreement but I sure didn't get on a box for drawn out lecture on the matter. I get it that I'm in the minority here at TBN when it come's to cultural behavior but as y'all put it "if I only wean one off the nanny tit,it's worth dodging darts hurled by nanny followers".
This single issue is grounds for more disagreements and disrespect than everything else combined on TBN. The subject is so ficklel,admin all but forbid's discussion simply because some can't talk about it without boiling over. I understand that different people like living differently. The rub come's when one bunch want's to bring their way to the other's town. To the point of my first post that sorta shamed op for posting a morbid event without offering a single ounce of solution. Had I brought that up I would have followed it with at least 2 solutions. #1 Do as ranchers,powerline cos and residential fence contractors in Texas do,drop a post in every hole as soon as it is dug. It's common to see 50-75 untamped post sitting in holes as more holes are being dug and more posts dropped in them. Toddlers aside, it's irresponsible digging a hole then walking away so that a person,cow,horse,dog or dozens of other things can trip or fall into it. It doesn't require an OSHA mandate or directive, just common sense coupled with taking responsibility without benefit of directives,u-tubes or links. #2 Relates directly to toddlers. They must be within sight or sound 24-7 and supervised. It doesn't require much surfing the net for links and utubes to post,,,,,,unless good usful solutions are included. I understand some folks are entertained but I'm not and I'm saying so. Regarding my post about intervening when I felt children were in eminent danger. That is how I was raised,that's how my neighbors were raised and that's how we raise our children. If you were upset just hearing about the intervention, X that by 100 and you are still below how I would have felt to pass within 20 feet of kids ridding that death trap down the ditch. As for LouNY saying he would kill me (removing carcass),I believe him and would handle it different in his neighborhood. People in NY kill one another all the time for invading their turf. People in the Great lakes to Atlantic NW kill one another for looking at them wrong. I believe the offense is called "mean mugging". Cultural difference is obe reason why crowds don't gather in my neighborhood to loot and burn for days on end. It is well known how we feel about owning guns and what we will do if you try breaking in or setting our place on fire. Intervention instead of fleeing, compelling police to stand down and look to nanny for answers. It;s a free country,live like that if you please,just don't lecture me or try forcing me to live like that and we are good.
So now we understand one another. I don't generally post utube and links but if I do I will offer a solution. You will develop your own solutions but need someone to post a link to kick start you. You shouldn't get your hackles up and go off on lectures simply because we roll different.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #29  
if this post saves just one life message is worth it

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #30  
. As for LouNY saying he would kill me (removing carcass),I believe him and would handle it different in his neighborhood. People in NY kill one another all the time for invading their turf.
I don't believe that I ever said kill you.
I did use the term carcass because that's what my foot often moves especially when relating to places the sun doesn't shine.
It;s a free country,live like that if you please,just don't lecture me or try forcing me to live like that and we are good.
So now we understand one another.
You shouldn't get your hackles up and go off on lectures simply because we roll different.
Maybe you need to reread your own statements and quit the lecturing

• Good Post
Reactions: jmc
Status
Not open for further replies.