Too good to be true

/ Too good to be true #1  

kernal

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
I saw an online ad for a BX23 and email the the seller figuring they forgot to add the 1 in front of the price. Below is the response:

I received your email regarding my Kubota BX23 Tractor with Backhoe. It is in perfect condition of working, with no scratches on it, no damage, with only 91 hours used .. The price that I want for it with shipping and insurance included is $4,100.00 US. The shipping process will take almost 3-5 days depending of your location. Te tractor is located in La Grange, Kentucky and also it will be shipped from here. I am selling thistractor because my platoon has been sent back to Iraq and don't want it get old in my backyard. Please get back to me if you are interested in the purchase and we have a deal!

P.S. Tractor details:
2005 Kubota BX23 Tractor, Loader, Backhoe
Make: Kubota
Fuel: Diesel
Model: BX-23
Engine Cylinders: 3
Model Year: 2005
Engine HP: 22
Hours: 91
Transmission Type: Hydrostatic
Drive: 4WD
Condition: Used
Serial Number: 68753

/ Too good to be true #2  
Send them money and you'll never see the tractor... or your money again.

Ask for a phone number that you can talk to him... You'll get the run around.

Tell him you have a friend that lives in La Grange, Kentucky and you want him to see it.

/ Too good to be true #3  
I got almost the same exact response about at TC33D for sale here in OH. I knew it was a scam but wanted to prove to my buddy it was so I emailed him and said I would be over that same day with cash. $4900 for an almost newTC33D would have been a steal! LOL.

Anyway, the guy emailed me back with the same song and dance as you'r guy. The tractor was out of state and would be shipped to me. Yada-yada-yada. My buddy was PO'd! He couldn't believe this guy was trying to pass himself off as a soldier. Come to think of it I'd like to get my hands on the guy too.

/ Too good to be true
I'm thinking of replying asking what unit he is in.. deployment dates, etc.

/ Too good to be true #6  
If its too good to be true... it probably is.

/ Too good to be true #7  
What amazes me most is that anyone would actually believe there was a tractor of that calibur for sale at that price. These scams were rampant on ebay, and migrated over to Craigslist. You need no report anything to Craigslist.......... just move your cursor to the top right corner of the page and click on "Flag this item as prohibited". It only takes a couple of people to flag an ad and get it removed automatically. Whenever i see one here in NH, i go to surrounding Craigslists and flag the ads the crooks have posted in the surrounding states/areas. Ebay should have adopted this type of security years ago..... it seems to take Ebay a day or more to remove fraudulent ads.

/ Too good to be true #8  
Poor grammar = SCAM :mad: And there is lots of it in this example:eek:

Doesn't matter if it is in an email, on an auction site, or where you see it.:(

/ Too good to be true #9  
texasjohn said:
Poor grammar = SCAM :mad: And there is lots of it in this example:eek:

Doesn't matter if it is in an email, on an auction site, or where you see it.:(

^ Spot on! Do not send any money for that tractor!!!! it is a SCAM!!! The biggest giveaway is the grammer, and the fact that it is too cheap.

If the email said the following i would consider looking into it.:)

I received your email regarding my Kubota BX23 Tractor with Backhoe. It is in perfect working condition, with no scratches on it, no damage, with only 91 hours. The price that I want for it with shipping and insurance included is $4,100.00. I know this sounds really cheap, but my son of a *****, lieing cheating husband ran off with his seceratary, and I want to sell his precious tractor before he gets back in a week or so. The tractor is located in La Grange, Kentucky and also it will be shipped from here. Please get back to me if you are interested in the purchase. That little bastard will regret ever putting anything in my name!! Thank you for the inquiry!!

Regards,
Lorana Bobbet

/ Too good to be true #10  
:D :D