Took Delivery!!

/ Took Delivery!!
Joe,

The toothbar is an ATI. They advertise on TBN. They are on the top of forum pages alot. They are about 40 miles from me, and alot of dealers around here use them. I've never heard anything bad about them.

I had the dealer weld on the bucket hooks. They are for 3/8" chain, and are designed to be welded on.

Thanks for the kind words all. I'm up to 3 hrs. now!!!...............J

/ Took Delivery!! #12  
Great looking tractor. looks like Santa came a tad early this year!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Took Delivery!! #13  
Just got mine last week. I love it. I sleep in the bucket I love it so much. Awesome toothbar. I'll be checking into that.

The manual indicates we should be gentle for the first 50 hours. Run it at 50% rated RPM, don't stress the tractor, blah, blah, blah. What the **** does this really mean. Jeez, I need to use this thing. What constitutes stressing a tractor in the first 50 hours? Am I supposed to just drive around all proud and not dig, pull or scrape?

/ Took Delivery!! #14  
Just noticed there is a ton of info on break-in although there is no clear definition of what stressing an engine really means. I could assume ... but ... you know what they say about assuming ...

/ Took Delivery!! #15  
Jaeger - Do u plan to cut your bucket level rod? It's supposed to be fluch with the tube it slides threw when the bucket is dead level on concrete. During my break in, I dug & worked it I just didnt do it at high Rpm's.

/ Took Delivery!! #16  
The manual on my B7510 says not to run at FULL speed for the first 50 hours. Full speed is a couple of hundred RPM's over PTO speed.

As fas as "stress" I would guess that if you hear the engine start so slow down noticeably it would be stressed. A little slowdown under load is normal but a noticeable slowing (several hundred RPM's) would be a strain.

I have been varying the speed on mine every 5 minutes or so in the belief (maybe incorrect) that a given speed will create heat in certain areas and another speed will create heat in other areas. That notion probably boes back to the days when cars needed to be broken in and the manufacturers said to vary the speed during break in.

I took it a little easier for the first 10 hours, then went up a little on the RPM's the next 10 and so forth.

The loader works good at about 1800-2000 RPM and does almost as well at 1500 so I vary back and forth in those ranges.

Before someone starts flaming me:

I am not an expert, have no engineering degree, have never designed a diesel engine, don't live on a farm, and don't have any qualifications whatsoever for the above statements. All above is personal opinion and is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Bill Tolle

/ Took Delivery!! #17  
Oops. That means I've stressed it about three times. Mostly from being a rookie driver though. (Less than 60 hours on tractors).

I have been running at about 1/2 the rated RPM. Mostly around 1700. I couldn't resist testing the 50 hp so I pushed some 4 - 5 inch trees down and like a dummy tried to dig some frozen dirt. I killed the engine a few times in the first 8 hours. No long extended stresses though. After a lot of reading, it appears the topic is about 50/50. Some say hammer it, the others say go gentle. I'll take the middle of the road. I won't run it in high speed (like the manual says for the first 50 hours) and keep the RPM middle of the road and varied. I plan on being VERY diligent on the warm up and will be changing the oil and filter around 10 - 20 hours. (You wouldn't believe the metal that came out of my motorcycle after just 100 miles!). I'm sold on the early oil change.

Thank you for the feedback.