Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL

/ Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL #1  

BX2230Dude

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, L39
Instead of a toolbox, I recently adapted a small household basket to carry tools, gloves, etc. on my BX2230. It's constructed of sturdy white plastic approximately 6" x 8" and 5" deep. It was $5.99 at the local Ace Hardware store. One side of the basket is sandwiched between two plastic plates cut from an old 1/2" thick cutting board. The plates are 4-5/8" x 7" and secured to the basket with 1/4" bolts. All bolt holes were located to line up with the existing square holes in the basket. A single 5/16" bolt and a couple of fender washers secures the whole thing to the left FEL support. The bolt is lined up with the center of the large hole that already exists in the FEL support.

It's surprisingly sturdy when sandwiched between the plates and bolted to the FEL. The enclosed photo shows it carrying a 2-1/2 lb sledgehammer, cold chisel, pruning saw, shears, and loppers. I found the basket handle makes a handy towel rack for a shop rag.

Attachments

• 485357-DSC00934_25.JPG
    485357-DSC00934_25.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,578
   / Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL
Picture #2

Attachments

• 485359-DSC00933_25.JPG
    485359-DSC00933_25.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 988
   / Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL #3  
These last three (recent) Kubota toolbox threads have got me all worked up to make/mount something bigger on my B7400. Can't wait to get home tonight and scope it out. Thanks for posting the idea and the photos Dude.

Pete

Picture #3

Attachments

• 485367-DSC00937_20.JPG
    485367-DSC00937_20.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 809
   / Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL #5  
It will NEVER work, it is not ORANGE!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL #7  
Hey Yogi, that looks suspiciously like a picnic basket. Would hold lunch, but where do you put the tools. Goes to show that some of the best ideas are least expensive and simplest to implement.

Cliff

/ Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL #8  
You BOUGHT that? Looks like one of the baskets they have sitting by the front door when you walk in. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice idea. It has me rethinking my chain box. Wonder how it holds up in the cold against cracking?

Good point. I should have stolen one of the Ace Hardware baskets. The color would be a closer match. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The basket size and location is working quite well for me. I've been considering building a similar one out of steel mesh that would stand up to anything. I'd paint it to match the tractor.

/ Tool Basket for BX2230 with FEL #10  
This is an absolutely GROOVY idea! (if you were around for the 60's you know this means a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
I am thinking of one of those wire office wastebaskets though, because it is deeper, and metal, considering plastic's problem with extreme cold. Keep in mind though, the plastic basket is so cheap you can replace it easily if it ever does bust.
Now that I think about it, one of those heavy rubber buckets they use at the barn, that's freeze-proof, might be the ticket, if a small enough diameter is available. That kind of bucket can take all the abuse you can through at it and more, and it gives if you bump it with your knee when mounting ir dismounting.

Oh boy, gotta go shopping now for the perfect tool/chain/other bucket/container now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the inspiration.

Chris