TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #1  

donaldhendrix

I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR A TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR THIS TRACTOR TO AVAIL. I HAVE A AMMO BOX IN THE FLOOR BUT IT NOT WORKING DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOURCE?

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #2  
Order your rear view mirror from messicks. But buy it for a nh boomer 55. Same tractor. As for the tool box , let me know. It shows on the ls parts diagram but I have yet to see one.

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #3  
Also same mirror for a boomer 47 - part number is:

New Holland #MT40260614​

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #5  
Bigger LS has toolbox outside behind the right side steps.

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #6  
It is surprising there are not a lot more good aftermarket toolboxes available for tractors, years ago they were pretty easy to find and much better quality.

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #7  
I took the RH step off and built a bracket that holds a chain box (expanded metal bottom) and 50 cal ammo can. I used some angle and flat steel that I had laying around. It mounts with the factory step hardware.
lstoolbox.jpg

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #8  
Just a thought, I took some threaded rod (2x) and attached a 50 Cal box to the outside arm of my loader. Its never in my way and right outside my door (left side) when i get in or out of the cab. Obviously useless if i have my loader is off but for me that is almost never and very cheap (maybe $5) to install. Hope it helps.

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #9  
Get yourself a suction cup mount rearview mirror from Amazon. Much cheaper and you can 'suction' it anywhere there is glass. They even come in convex (wide view). No comment on the repurposed tool box except I'd 'clean' that off in about 5 seconds.

/ TOOL BOX AND INSIDE MIRROR FOR LS MT3 42 CAB #10  
Same issue here with tool box location since I bought my XR3140 in 2020

Been toy'n with doing what versysdale did...still have various items stowed behind the seat and on the floor by the pedals. Three years later.