Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #21  
Looking at the photo that Paul just reposted, another question occurs to me. How far do the lower links stick out beyond the rear tires? I was thinking that without the dump bed sticking out, you'll be able to make turns a lot closer to fences or buildings. I wouldn't be using a rear mower. My thinking is that I still would want to do as much work as possible in front of me. The use for the 3-pt hitch is stuff that just doesn't work well being pushed, like a box blade or a disk or mat harrow.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610.
PaulChristenson said:
So how different from this old photo was the unit you saw?
That is how it looks. Could even be that machine. The one I saw had 108 hours so it has been around awhile.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #23  
Rolando said:
Looking at the photo that Paul just reposted, another question occurs to me. How far do the lower links stick out beyond the rear tires? I was thinking that without the dump bed sticking out, you'll be able to make turns a lot closer to fences or buildings. I wouldn't be using a rear mower. My thinking is that I still would want to do as much work as possible in front of me. The use for the 3-pt hitch is stuff that just doesn't work well being pushed, like a box blade or a disk or mat harrow.

Hey...you could put the brush mower on the front and the finish mower on the back and go from unuseable field to lawn in one pass...:rolleyes:

PaulChristenson said:
Hey...you could put the brush mower on the front and the finish mower on the back and go from unuseable field to lawn in one pass...:rolleyes:
Or put the tiller in front and seeder on back. Grass planted!

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #25  
radman1 said:
Another point I forgot to mention was the suspension. Even with box blade on the rear, it traveled very nicely over ruts and clods compared to a CUT. Much smoother ride compared to a CUT which has larger rear tires. The rear suspension would sag about 1" when raising the box blade. Not real noticeable in most operating conditions.

Have you had a chance to use the 'D' model? I'm wondering how the 5610 suspension compares to the 'D'. I've got a very bumpy property.

Rolando said:
Have you had a chance to use the 'D' model? I'm wondering how the 5610 suspension compares to the 'D'. I've got a very bumpy property.
I have only driven the 5600 on a limited basis. I can't compare the suspension between the 2 different versions. I assume the suspensions are the same. The weight of the box is now replaced by the rear pto and 3 pt lift. The weight difference is probably nearly the same. Have to see a spec sheet to know. The box was rated for 2000 lb, the same as the lift. However the 3 pt attachment will sit farther back and thus more leverage on the rear suspension. I thought the rear end would sag more when lifting the 6' box blade but I had to pay attention to notice it. With the box blade lifted, I drove over some tractor ruts. Much smoother than my CUT would have been with smaller box blade. With the smoother suspension, I didn't notice the side-to-side swing and jolt like I feel with an attachment on the rear of a CUT.

radman1 said:
A complete MSRP price list is not yet available. However, orders can be taken. They priced out a unit for me. Currently they could price out only a loaded unit which had been ordered. 5610 with 2 rear hydraulics, hi flow, power hydraulic bob tach, road kit, cab a/c, radio, 68" low profile bucket with teeth, back up alarm, larger r4 tires, keyless start and attachment control kit was quoted at 48K. A similarly equipped 5600 would be about 42K. They estimated delivery in about 1 month.
Same dealer called me back today and now has more firm pricing. New quote for same setup is near 45K. Much improved price from 48K.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #28  
radman1 said:
Same dealer called me back today and now has more firm pricing. New quote for same setup is near 45K. Much improved price from 48K.
Wow..even 45K makes me look at other stuff...like the following...;)
Antonio Carraro TTR-9400 Bi-directional tractor

Top of the line slope mowing and all-purpose tractor. Carraro's flagship model with just about every option imaginable! 87 HP 4 cylinder turbo Detroit Diesel engine, 4WD, reversible work station, 32 spds forward and reverse (64 total), front and rear elec. diff. locks, front and rear hyd. wet disc brakes, self adjusting hyd. clutch, front and rear 3 point hitches, joystick hydraulics with 4 sets of remotes, electronic self leveling seat, KE draft control system, electronic PTO with 540 and 750rpms, super wide cab with heat, A/C, stereo, etc. Only 316 hours! Price: USD$42,500.00

Autrusa Enterprises - Used Equipment

PaulChristenson said:
Wow..even 45K makes me look at other stuff...like the following...;)
Antonio Carraro TTR-9400 Bi-directional tractor

Top of the line slope mowing and all-purpose tractor. Carraro's flagship model with just about every option imaginable! 87 HP 4 cylinder turbo Detroit Diesel engine, 4WD, reversible work station, 32 spds forward and reverse (64 total), front and rear elec. diff. locks, front and rear hyd. wet disc brakes, self adjusting hyd. clutch, front and rear 3 point hitches, joystick hydraulics with 4 sets of remotes, electronic self leveling seat, KE draft control system, electronic PTO with 540 and 750rpms, super wide cab with heat, A/C, stereo, etc. Only 316 hours! Price: USD$42,500.00

Autrusa Enterprises - Used Equipment
Reminds me of Belarus and Zetor tractors that used to be sold in my area. Seemed reasonable and cheap. No resale, no quality and no support.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #30  
Last edited: