Toolcat by Bobcat

/ Toolcat by Bobcat #11  
Tomahawk000
Welcome to TBN!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Man, you got what could be the best work machine out there. Although the RTV is currently the most talked about machine on this forum, glad to talk to someone who has a different ba$$s to the walls work machine. Tell us more. Is the price that's been posted actually what you should expect to pay? Attachments - availability/quality... ?

BTY - I love to visit B'Ham. Great place. I found what could be the greatest steak houses in the country down there.

/ Toolcat by Bobcat
Hi Markct
I am looking at the toolcat as a companion to my Cat 257 it will be able to use all of the low flow attachments I have and then use it to plow the drive in the winter and also get me to the boundaries of my property quicker then my other equipment, I purchased over 100 acres in goshen and will be moving there in a few weeks.I just think that 36k is high for the machine but there is no other machine to compare to in the market.

/ Toolcat by Bobcat #13  
good luck with your new property, goshen sure is a nice area up that way, and i know what you mean about the toolcat being overpriced, altho personaly i couldnt justify the cost of much anything new, im the type that buys used almost exclusively. i imagine in a few years the cost will come down considerably, they are still pretty new on the market i think, and while they are a very capable machine from what i have heard, they are still more like a loader with a pickup bed in terms of ride and travel speed, it sorta sounds like for what you wanna do that a mule or other utility vehicle would be better suited, especialy since according to your profile you already have other farm/construction equipment. i think where the toolcat would realy shine is as a on machine does all type but since you have other machinery already then thats not realy a concern, just my thoughts, they may be a bit off since like i said nothin i own has been new, everything ranges in age from my 1936 caterpillar grader to my 1996 kawasaki mule! but anyhow hope you enjoy your new property, and check your message box i sent you a private message

/ Toolcat by Bobcat #14  
Toy1
I have a great deal of experience with the toolcat. I also have an ASV machine (yours is a Cat). The toolcat does a lot of things very well but none of them great like a dedicated machine. It is a very very comfortable machine especially plowing in the snow and sleet. The all wheel steering makes it very nimble for a machine of its size. In spite of the big bucks Bobcat is selling them very well

/ Toolcat by Bobcat
Hi RAStevens

I assume you purchased your machine from the only dealer in the state. Did you compare any prices from outside the state.
If you don't mind me asking what was your price and what were your options.

/ Toolcat by Bobcat #16  
Sorry to take so long to reply

Bought it at Bobcat of CT in East Hartford got 3.5 percent off list price and at the time (Dec 03) was happy to get it. Ocassionally you see them on ebay Try one out Most dealers have demo units

/ Toolcat by Bobcat #17  
I've had my Toolcat for a year and a half now....works great. I've got the 72" mowing deck, bucket, forks, and in the winter use the angle broom and a salt spreader mounted to the 2 inch receiver hitch in back.

Attachments

• 518649-Jack1.jpg
    518649-Jack1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 455
   / Toolcat by Bobcat #18  
Hi all. I'm new. Live in South East Queensland, Australia. Very close to committing to buy only the second Toolcat sold in Australia to date but need urgently to know if the can climb and how stable they are. Mine will work in hilly country clearing lantana (a woody, noxious weed that grows to 10 feet) using both a 4 in 1 and HD slasher. Love the concept of being able to carry tools, spray gear, spare fuel etc. but...

/ Toolcat by Bobcat #19  
technobabble,

Welcome to TBN!!
Sorry, can't explicitly help you on the Toolcat since I've never had the opportunity to drive one.

I would expect the Toolcat would have no problems on hills. I would exercise appropriate cautions with the all-wheel steer when turning on a hill but it has a great amount of horsepower.

Not sure what kind of base you'll be riding on but weighing in at around 4400 pounds (2000 kg), you may need to watch out for sinking on loose surfaces.

Is the dealer close enough whereby you can arrange a demo? Have them bring it out and let you ride it on your terrain for an hour or 2.

Being only the 2nd unit, are you comfortable with the support and access to accessories if needed?

/ Toolcat by Bobcat
Hello Technobabble
welcome to a fellow Australian My Mom is Australian form Sydney. It's a long story. However I will be buying a toolcat one of these days I have researched the product and feel it will do what you want it to do. They have a new model that has a turbo and hi flow Hyd. If I were to buy that is what I would get 10 more horse power and alot more hyd.flow. I would ask the dealer to give you a demo for a day to make sure it meets your expectation.