Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower #11  
Brian
Great photos of your the Toolcat in action! Your property looks very diverse/beautiful, as well. That first photo of the grapple bucket is an eyeful!
Steve
PS My dealer denied any knowledge of the TC mini-me! I will press him later this week as he was short on time on Monday when we spoke.

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower #12  
Brian, I like the configuration of that grapple rake. I have an AnBo 5' lightweight on my PT-1845 which has worked well for most things, but it works best if you can come down on top of a pile but then it digs in to the dirt as you close it which sometimes is not what you want to do. Nice pics in general of a tool that almost makes work fun!?

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower
Rip,
That's right, you can position the rake from a lot of different directions and then close down on the grapple without digging in the dirt, unlike some other root grapple designs. But my configuration is available from a lot of regional fabricators. BTW, I wouldn't put a grapple over 63" wide on a Toolcat. For one thing, most 72" and 84" ones weigh more than is ideal.

And, yup, this work is fun on a toolcat. You can see all the action right in front of you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower #14  
Brian,

Impressive work for your Markham grubbing bucket. I have alot of stumps to remove and trees/brush to pull out to a burn-pile. I've been trying to dig stumps out with my forks on the FEL......works some but SLOW.......where did you get this thing??? Love your pics....send more and more....

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Brian,
Impressive work for your Markham grubbing bucket...where did you get this thing??? )</font>
CJ4,
I bought it direct by calling Markham Welding in Denton, NC. Get their phone number off the Markham Welding web site. They have friendly and efficient service and were very good about the details of the best possible freight shipping arrangements, including communication with the carrier right through to day of delivery. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The grubbing bucket handles best if you can easily see what you're doing, like in a Bobcat Tolocat or a skid-steer-type loader.

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower #16  
Thanks for posting the photos Brian. Your property is gorgeous...it looks like the Toolcat is the ideal machine to maintain it. Do you use the Toolcat to move snow in the winter too?

(I could put those attachments to good use at my place /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Dean

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for posting the photos Brian. Your property is gorgeous...it looks like the Toolcat is the ideal machine to maintain it. Do you use the Toolcat to move snow in the winter too? Dean )</font>
Thanks, Dean. I just bought the Toolcat in August, but do plan on using it for snow removal on our private gravel roads. I didn't get a snowblower or snowplow since Southern MD only has a handful of snowstorms per year /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (unlike Western MD which already had snow yesterday!). But I'll test how the 68" Bobcat Box Blade/Scraper will do for that task.

Look for photos of my box blade/scraper, Ammbusher rotary brush cutter, pallet forks and std. bucket (in our gravel pit) in action when I get a chance. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Markham Welding Stump / Grubbing Bucket )</font>

Hey Brian,
Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow or Friday! Just in time to help dig out a lot of trees along my property line. Awesome photos!
Rolando

/ Toolcat Photos - Grubbing Bkt, RRB Grapple & Mower #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BTW, I wouldn't put a grapple over 63" wide on a Toolcat. For one thing, most 72" and 84" ones weigh more than is ideal. )</font>

Yes, this is what my dealer told me as well. One thing that I think is interesting is that when I was at my dealer last week checking to see if a 3 pt setup is available yet, he told me that he had been to a Bobcat meeting and Bobcat is testing designs of a Toolcat that can load it's own bed. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Apparently a prototype can drop the bed off (described like a trash truck that carries the big giant bins that are left on site) and then is able to load it's own bed.

I am still considering a Toolcat but I have a couple hundred acres of property that isn't attached to the property where I live. That would mean that I would still need to make 2 trips to get my tractor and (now my RTV) other piece of equipment there to work. Also, I have over a dozen 3 pt implements, and I would have to replace all of those with versions that will work on the Toolcat. Obviously that gets expensive. I'm wanting the Toolcat to replace my tractor and RTV. Maybe I'm wanting too much. At least I'm not the only one who is though. I think others must be asking for the same to have Bobcat working and creating prototypes that do what I'd need.

Besides, my youngest constantly wants to go with me when I mow and do loader work. Even though my tractor has a cab, it isn't big enough for an extra seat and there is no place for him. So, I'm hoping that the Toolcat gets these 2 new abilities soon. I already told my dealer that I'd buy one if I could use all of my 3 pt hitch implements with one. As you likely know, a PTO is available on one already (but very expensive; like over $3000), but the 3 pt hitch is not.

<font color="blue"> </font> <font color="black">Dargo, I'm also pleased to see Bobcat's recent and upcoming enhancements responding to customer desires. Since the Toolcat was released in 2003, they've already come out with improved axles, revised lift arm and curl, more hp with Turbo option, 26 GPM high-flow front aux. hydraulics option, optional Rear Auxiliary Hydraulics, Rear PTO, and Remote Rear Hydraulics, etc.

And a number of us are hearing (still rumors) about all kinds of Bobcat Toolcat designs and prototypes being properly tested, including telescoping boom, smaller-scale Toolcats (Bobcat offers multiple sizes and capacities in its other product categories! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif), as well as the 3 pt hitches and removable beds you mentioned above.

Bobcat produces the Toolcat work machine (as well as compact excavators and mini-track loaders) in Bismark, ND. [Skid steers, CTLs & A300s are produced at the Gwinner, ND factory. Many parts are imported, of course.] With all of this talk about expanded Toolcat plans, I find it noteworthy that Bobcat is expanding its Bismark operations (where Toolcats are made) by 100,000 sq. ft. ! </font>