Tools a tractor owner must have

/ Tools a tractor owner must have
Grease gun.
I have an air powered grease gun but it is not the type that keeps on pumping as you hold the trigger down. You have to pull the trigger every time you want it to pump a dollop of grease out. Has anyone used one of the battery powered guns. They look like they might be handy

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #42  
I have an air powered grease gun but it is not the type that keeps on pumping as you hold the trigger down. You have to pull the trigger every time you want it to pump a dollop of grease out. Has anyone used one of the battery powered guns. They look like they might be handy

I have a Lincoln 12v and I like it. It makes the chore of greasing the tractor less of a pain.

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #43  
I have a Lincoln 12v and I like it. It makes the chore of greasing the tractor less of a pain.

How is it, say if the zerk was plugged? Does it cut out? How long will the battery last? Lincoln, as in welders etc?

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #44  
How is it, say if the Zerk was plugged? Does it cut out? How long will the battery last? Lincoln, as in welders etc?

I haven't run into a plugged Zerk, so I can't really say how the Lincoln will handle it. I suspect it would do the same as a manual grease gun.

I don't use it often, so I can't say how long the battery lasts with regular use; but I bought the gun to make my life easier when greasing the tractor. I just hold the hose end tight to the Zerk after it's attached to the fitting and bump the trigger as many times as needed for a fitting; usually 3 quick bursts. It sure is a lot easier to grease, especially when the fitting is in a tight spot.

I don't believe they are related other than the name. Lincoln Lubrication Equipment

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #45  
I bought a cordless impact wrench, and if memory serves it was needed to build the wife's horse run in. She paid for it :D. I got the same brand and voltage as my other tools, drill and such so I have extra batteries charged all the time. I really like the impact to run out and change a tire or do a small chore with out stringing a cord or air hose.

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #46  
I needed a pair of snap-ring pliers the other day when I was doing a job for an elderly lady. She only had 4'1" between her fence and shed, and my BX24 was just a tad wide to go through with the BH on. Since it was the BH I was to use in her back yard, my only option was to remove the feet on the stabilizers and reattach them on the other side. Worked out OK, but the proper tools would've been nice.

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #47  
I'm surprised that no-one posted "bandaid" or least "needle and thread" if the bleeding doesn't stop.

/ Tools a tractor owner must have #50  
Speaking of duct tape.. i had the sole of a boot come off one day and had to silvertape it back together for the remainder of the work day!

soundguy