Tooth Bar Teeth

/ Tooth Bar Teeth #21  
Kubotaman: Many uses for a toothbar or rake, I just used mine today to score and break up ice on my 2/10 mile driveway. Go to Ratchet Rake, LLC - Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, and check out the videos. One of it's great uses is clearing brush and briars from fields. I like the ratchet rake as it is easy to install and remove and costs about $300. I have a lot of multiflora rose and greenbriar in my fields and the ratchetrake makes removal easy. Good luck.

/ Tooth Bar Teeth #22  
I've been doing allot of reading on tooth bars and one post mentioned the WR Long flat tooth bar. It sounds like it may be the better way to go since the teeth are flush with the cutting edge so you can back drag smooth. Not sure of the pro's and con's to this though. Any thoughts? Do the tooth bars where the teeth sit below the cutting edge dig better?

I love my WR Long Flat tooth bar just for the reasons you have read about. I cannot see how it would dig any better or worse for that design.

Deano

/ Tooth Bar Teeth
I ordered one from Iowa Farms today. They sell either the regular one or the flat one. I got the flat one. It will make it more convenient to back with the tooth bar on. Same price for either one.

/ Tooth Bar Teeth #24  
I was originally going to build one, but the cheapest I could find teeth was on Ebay was $205 shipped for 7 teeth, then I need a cutting edge bar to weld them to. Not sure where I could get one of those. By the time I pay for that, I might as well just buy one that is ready to go.

Just my way of thinking. There is a lot of satisfaction in building something, then putting it work. In the next day or 3, I'll take a few pictures of some equipment and post them.

Unless you are going to be doing a lot of extra heavy digging store bought teeth are not really needed either. When ever close to the metal yard, I look in the salvage metal for most any thing that may be needed for future projects. Once they even had some hard edges.

Metal for teeth, R/R spikes, (I have a bunch of them.), old truck or auto axles, old truck or trailer springs, "Bridge Re-bar" ( It is very tough and hard.)

My local New Holland dealer has bins of teeth, some of them very reasonable in price.

/ Tooth Bar Teeth
I have allot of rock and shell where I am digging, so I want something with a pretty hard tip on it. I could make one out of regular metal, but I want something that can take the abuse. Plus I sold my old one from my BX, so that's money I can put towards one that will fit my machine. It won't cost me much extra for the new one.

Not real crazy about the Ratchet Rake design for what I am using it for. It looks like it would work well for clearing out brush though.

/ Tooth Bar Teeth #26  
I love my WR Long Flat tooth bar just for the reasons you have read about. I cannot see how it would dig any better or worse for that design.

Deano

If I was to buy again, I would buy another WR Long Flat Toothbar.
I would not even look at other brands or styles.

/ Tooth Bar Teeth
I think I am going to be allot happier with the flat tooth bar. It just made sense to me.