Tooth Bar

/ Tooth Bar #1  

strez

Tractor
New Holland TC30 HST 4WD
What do you think of this?

I'm considering purchasing one, but would like some opinions before pulling the trigger. Seems like a reasonable price @ $160. Thanks!

/ Tooth Bar #2  
I paid almost $300 for a 61" WOODS toothbar...

/ Tooth Bar #3  
291201-ebay%20toothbar%20cheap.jpg

Hi Jeff...

So are you going to be the TBN test pilot and buy one of these bargains...? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 291201-ebay toothbar cheap.jpg
    291201-ebay toothbar cheap.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 219
   / Tooth Bar #4  
I saw the same auction on ebay and ended up emailing a gentleman by the name of Gary. I liked what I saw and have pulled the trigger. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Apx. $185.00 with shipping.

Joe

/ Tooth Bar #5  
I paid the same for the same size FFC through KC Canary. While I like the style of mine better, I'm not sure I like it $100 better. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This one looks great if you're going to leave it on all the time. It seems to have more teeth per foot than mine, too. Good luck with it.

/ Tooth Bar #6  
I payed 300 dollars for my tooth bar for my bx22. IT has replaceable teeth does this tooth bar have replaceable teeth if one gets chipped ob broken how will you fix it ? I like my tooth bar it is well constructed easy to install and remove with two bolts. good luck David

/ Tooth Bar #7  
david43a:

Did the bolts mount up to existing holes? Or did you have to do some drilling into the loader?

Thanks,

Joe

/ Tooth Bar #8  
Personally, I don't like it much.

My toothbar is held on with two bolts. Goes on and off in a couple minutes. There are times when you don't want the tooth bar on. It would be a pain to take one off that has that many bolts. I would also imagine that the nuts/threads on the bottom might get dinged up and that would make matters worse if you wanted to take it off.

The one I got slips over the bottom lip, totally covering the lip on the top and bottom, and has replacable teeth as well. It is very strong. It did cost almost double the one that is on ebay though. But I think it is money well spent. Yesterday it helped move about 100 tons of fill, dirt with some broken concrete in it...

Here is a pic of a toothbar at work. I posted it here somewhere else, but forget where at the moment...

A well made toothbar is probably worth $300 in my opinion. Glad I bought a good one! Money well spent...

Attachments

• 291308-6.JPG
    291308-6.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 561
   / Tooth Bar #9  
I'm in the market for a tooth bar myself and that looks good for the price. The difference that I see is like Henro mentioned........most slip over the lip of the bucket. That and all the bolts on removal. But then again, $100 cheaper sounds good too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Looks like he's sold a bunch of them on Ebay.........wonder how the users like them?

/ Tooth Bar #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What do you think of this? )</font>

I think that if that design was without significant problems, the major manufacturers would be offering theirs built that way. As far as I know, they aren't.

SnowRidge