Tooth bar

/ Tooth bar #11  
Sounds good. The loader will do the job but, just like with most things and a CUT, it just takes a bit more time in the seat. Certainly better than shovel time! I never could find the ignition switch for one of those.

/ Tooth bar #12  
CMV, you should do just fine with the advice given here and what you are contemplating.
And common sense goes a long way as you learn what you can and can not do or shouldn't be doing. ;)

/ Tooth bar #13  
I had plans to do some pretty heavy digging with my tractor. After reading a lot of post on here regarding digging, I decided not to try to use my tractor as a dozer but instead as a tractor/ loader.

I ordered a 78in box blade from everything attachments and will be ordering a piranha tooth bar since when I started a thread on tooth bars, everyone said piranha.

The best way to dig with a tractor would prob be a old moldboard plough, you can cut 8-10in at a time and use the loader to remove the material, another old moldboard is a heck of a lot cheaper than a FEL. When I get my box blade I can also dig a little but moldboard would be way faster since that’s what it’s designed to do but you would be limited to just a few feet.

/ Tooth bar #14  
I had plans to do some pretty heavy digging with my tractor. After reading a lot of post on here regarding digging, I decided not to try to use my tractor as a dozer but instead as a tractor/ loader.

I ordered a 78in box blade from everything attachments and will be ordering a piranha tooth bar since when I started a thread on tooth bars, everyone said piranha.

The best way to dig with a tractor would prob be a old moldboard plough, you can cut 8-10in at a time and use the loader to remove the material, another old moldboard is a heck of a lot cheaper than a FEL. When I get my box blade I can also dig a little but moldboard would be way faster since that’s what it’s designed to do but you would be limited to just a few feet.

Or a Freno on the TPH, I have one of these bought at an auction along with a buzz saw. I bought it for the arches and TPH stuff but I might keep it to dig with.

1 forecast.jpg

/ Tooth bar #15  
project is digging into a hillside to create a fire pit area. I think I can do it with some teeth. Small bites at a time, but think I can get it done.

Tractor is at dealer anyway for some repair work. They said they can order one and install for $400. Since already there and they can have it ready to go by Saturday think I'll just go that route
I have a Piranha Tooth Bar and have done some serious carving out of my hillside using my FEL.

IMG_3947.jpg IMG_3365.jpg IMG_3489.jpg

Do they interfere at all with loading gravel, dirt, or road base?
No problem with dirt, gravel, sand... as the PTB has a flat bottom and works great back dragging. Also put a couple hooks on top of the bucket as well.

IMG_3310.jpg IMG_3937.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 210
   / Tooth bar #16  
Ditto on 747driver's post.

The tooth bar makes digging allot easier

I have the Piranha also, easy to drill the holes and install yourself.

I dug a hole for a root cellar with mine in the side of a hill, 30' X 20' and about 8' deep.

/ Tooth bar #20  
Ditto on 747driver's post.

The tooth bar makes digging allot easier

I have the Piranha also, easy to drill the holes and install yourself.

I dug a hole for a root cellar with mine in the side of a hill, 30' X 20' and about 8' deep.

I think my 10' backhoe would do that easier & quicker than my front bucket with a tooth bar.