Tooth bar?

/ Tooth bar? #1  

KB7210

Tractor
@003 Kubota B7210HST
I have a chance to buy a 48" Heavy Hitch tooth bar, barely used for half the price of a new one. The only thing is, I have a 54" bucket. Will it still work well enough to dig out some tree stumps?

/ Tooth bar? #2  
This tree stump?
timthumb.php

Or this tree stump?
800px-Tree_stump1_30u06.JPG

What is your specific goal?

/ Tooth bar? #3  
I guess it would fit half azzed being a clamp on tooth bar

/ Tooth bar?
This tree stump?
timthumb.php

Or this tree stump?
800px-Tree_stump1_30u06.JPG

What is your specific goal?
It's about 10" round. I left them sticking up about 4' so I think if I dig around it I can push it over?

/ Tooth bar?
I guess it would fit half azzed being a clamp on tooth bar
I don't really care what it looks like as long as it gets the job done.

/ Tooth bar? #7  
I'd say there is not a chance of this working unless its some small tree that has most roots near the surface and the soil is loose as can be.

I dug out some 5-6" gum trees last week using my Terramite backhoe. It took a lot of digging around and under the stumps with the backhoe bucket just to loosen them enough to get them out. The tap roots went so far into the ground that there was no way to use the FEL to dig down far enough to get at the roots below and I have a Piranha tooth bar on the front bucket.

/ Tooth bar? #9  
How many 10 " tree stumps are you talking about??......If it's just 3-4 that would probably work. Myself, I use an axe for these small jobs.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Tooth bar? #10  
The first problem is that more force is required to dig 48" wide verus digging 20" wide. The second problem is FELs are mostly designed to lift loads that are already loose, not dig compacted soil. The third problem is tree roots are like adding a lot of rebar to cement. Add these together, and FEL cylinders get bent.

I was pushing it to dig out the 5-6" gum tree roots with the backhoe bucket I used. Would have been a lot better to have used a larger machine with a root ripper, but I paced myself to keep digging around the stumps until they would come out. I now have some big holes in the field.