tooth bars

/ tooth bars #11  
Henro, Smithla, and any of the rest of you with the H & H Sales toothbar:

The H & H web site says its standard toothbar has replaceable crimped-on teeth, and the heavy duty described as replaceable pinned-on teeth. The photos that members have posted here and on other threads of the H & H products look like welded-on teeth. Are they welded, or crimped/pinned, or both?

My dealer, whose advice so far has been excellent, says in his experience toothbars with replaceable teeth are toothbars that have the teeth fall off, especially if working in brush or soil with roots. Has anyone had any problems like this?

Thanks.

/ tooth bars #12  
My toothbar had replaceable teeth held on by big roll pins; never had one come off and never had any other kind of problem with it.

/ tooth bars #13  
Did you get the standard duty or the heavy duty one? How much did you pay? I'm still working on getting one ordered. My dealer is pretty clueless about these, I've had to explain what it is several times. I guess no one ever ordered one through them.

/ tooth bars #14  
I just called Carver's and had mine in a week. My dealer was no help and had no idea what I was talking about until I explained it. He claimed they never sell them. Don't know why, they are worth every penny.

There are several online dealers around here that could help you out.

/ tooth bars #15  
I'm very pleased with my bolt-on toothbar that I ordered from Carver (for a JD 4410). I'm sure it will be good addition to your tractor and you'll be glad you ordered it. The versatilty for the dollar makes it an excellent investment. I hardly ever unbolt it.

/ tooth bars #16  
fishman,
My dealer sells more construction equipment than he does tractors. When I asked about a toothbar, they said they could get one for a skid steer, but couldn't be for sure if it'd fit a tractor bucket or not /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I ordered it elsewhere /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tooth bars #17  
The Holes that mount the tooth bar are 1", and it is "V" shaped, so it just slides over the front lip of the bucket. The teeth are replacable, crimped on. Dealer said just use a cutting tool to cut them off and the new ones just slipped on and crimp them on. The 60" bar was $325 at Outback Tractor, Cumming, Georgia. So far it works beautiful. Robert at Outback has a picture of one mounted and the prices for the different lengths.

http://www.outbacktractor.com/

Have a great day, Les

/ tooth bars #18  
i use mine for lossing dirt, digging, and as u say a poor mans rake. can not imajine being without it

/ tooth bars #19  
<font color="blue"> The photos that members have posted here and on other threads of the H & H products look like welded-on teeth. Are they welded, or crimped/pinned, or both?
</font>

The tooth is crimped onto a shank. The shank is welded onto the toothbar. Attached is a not-real-good photo...

[photo field cleared when I clicked post this messsage, and message did not post... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ]

I have used my toothbar a lot, including moving about 250 tons of fill that had various sized concrete chunks in it, that had to be fought with, without any teeth falling off. I guess it does happen though...

/ tooth bars #20  
Using a toothbar as a "poor man's rake"? If I was a poor man I sure wouldn't plunk down that kinda money for a rake. Among other things I like to consider my toothbar a deluxe rake on wheels! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif