Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA

/ Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA #1  

PatC

Tractor
TC24DA
What are your recomendations? I have read several post about effectiveness of toothbars and have checked the sites for a couple that have been recomended. Would like to hear from some of you who have a tc24 with a toothbar. I need to clear or thin out a two acre lot and a four acre lot across the street. No rush in clearing.

Thanks

/ Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA #2  
Pat, I don't have a toothbar on my TC24 but there is a toothbar on the B2910. If you want to clear land, a combination of a toothbar and a landscape rake make a great combination. Between the 2 of them they can rip out underbrush and small trees and clear an area down to the dirt. I think it is much easier to EFFECTIVELY use a landscape rake with a hydraulic top cylinder, but today I was in the woods with the B2910 and it has a standard manual screw type toplink. It is less effective but still good for clearing. With a hydraulic top link, the landscape rake can be set very aggressively and is better for clearing than a toothbar on the FEL. The toothbar will dig up small trees and can back drag brush, etc. I use a 6' Midwest landcape rake (LR2272). I don't know the brand of toothbar on the B2910, it is 4+ years old and when I need to dig I use the Kubota.

/ Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA #3  
I just installed a Markham Welding toothbar on my TN75 this weekend. The installation was straightforward and quite easy. I used it quite a bit clearing out some unwanted trees. I felled them first with a chainsaw and then moved them with the FEL. The toothbar was very helpful in picking up and moving the dropped trees. The teeth grab onto the brush much better that a bucket without teeth. I didn't do much digging, but I'm sure the teeth will be very helpful there also. All in all I'm happy that I now have that new hunk of steel on the tractor.

/ Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA #4  
I believe that a toothbar can easily double your effectiveness at tasks like scraping up sod, digging in clay, etc... For example if you have a 5' bucket with no teeth you are trying to push a 60" wide blade into the soil. This takes tremendous force. With a tooth bar ( with 12 teeth that are 1.5 inches wide) on that same bucket you are concentraiting all of the force on just 18" of cutting edge.

/ Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For example if you have a 5' bucket with no teeth you are trying to push a 60" wide blade into the soil. This takes tremendous force. With a tooth bar ( with 12 teeth that are 1.5 inches wide) on that same bucket you are concentraiting all of the force on just 18" of cutting edge. )</font>

Gene, my 72" bucket has a toothbar with only seven teeth. I believe the most common number of teeth for a 60" bucket would be six. That number of teeth really give you an advantage when scarifying clay or tough dirt before digging. As you pointed out the actual cutting surface of the teeth combined is 12" or less. They also work like fingers on a hand for doing chores like handling brush. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Toothbar for FEL on TC24DA #6  
When I bought my TC24DA in June I ordered a tooth bar for the 54" bucket. Well it arrived yesterday after waiting a month! I wasn't home when it was delivered but as soon as I looked at it I knew it would not fit......measured it and it was 62" wide?!?!? Does anyone make a 62" bucket???

Anyway, called my dealer and told them they made a mistake....they called back and said a 54" tooth bar was not available for my bucket?!?! They did agree to pick up the bar and bucket and "make this one fit"......I'm assuming they will cut it and weld the mounting plate back at the proper width. The teeth on this bar are huge (2" wide & 8 " long) and it will look really strange on my little tractor! Should I be concerned about the size of these teeth as they relate to the FEL's & tractors ability to make use of the added tooth bar?

Any thoughts or comments on who makes a 54" tooth bar?