Toothbar installed today

/ Toothbar installed today #21  
Hey all,

I have the Markham toothbar also. Just came in a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten it on yet so I don't know how much bolt will be exposed. Instead of doubling up on nuts why not just use a hacksaw and cut the bolt to length? No exposed threads to damage.
Greg

/ Toothbar installed today
You could do that or I could find a couple of shorter bolts in my junk box.

/ Toothbar installed today #23  
I think I need one! How much $ for the toothbar, including shipping?

Thanks

Mike

/ Toothbar installed today #27  
Kevin,
I bought mine at Markham but this is another link you might want to look at. They seem pretty heavy duty as well, but I have no personal experience with these people.
CLICK HERE
That gives you a choice.

/ Toothbar installed today
My B7510HST has an LA302 FEL with a 48" wide bucket. The Markham toothbar cost $173 plus $50 UPS from NC to CA.

Don't know how wide your bucket is. Markham can give you a quote based on bucket width.

/ Toothbar installed today #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kevin,
I bought mine at Markham but this is another link you might want to look at. They seem pretty heavy duty as well, but I have no personal experience with these people.
CLICK HERE
That gives you a choice. )</font>

I bought one of these Ebay toothbars a month or two ago. The company is United Steelworks in Plymouth, MA.

They shipped my toothbar out within a day or two after I won the auction, and it's a great looking piece: heavy-duty with sturdy teeth. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but it looks like it'll last a lifetime.

And if you have a green tractor, the yellow color of this toothbar is a good thing too!

Attachments

• 798376-toothbar1.jpg
    798376-toothbar1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 155
   / Toothbar installed today #30  
Hot dog, got it on. Only took a couple pictures though, none very good.

I used the toothbar hole as a guide to drill the half inch hole from the inside. No messing around with pilot holes, just grabbed the half incher and poked 'er through.

One tip, don't hit the tooth tip directly with the hammer to set the bar on the cutting edge. Turns out the teeth are brittle and will chip. Instead, use a chunk of wood as a bumper.

Here's the weld.

Attachments

• 799070-lick em 001s.JPG
    799070-lick em 001s.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 224