Toothbar

/ Toothbar #11  
Tinmann, I recently installed a toothbar from Carvers on my LA302 bucket. Perhaps the attached picture will illustrate where to measure.

Attachments

• 5-110676-toothbarinstallation.jpg
    5-110676-toothbarinstallation.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 90
   / Toothbar #12  
<font color=blue>screwed up my measurements and the toothbar was about 3/4 inches shorter than I needed</font color=blue>

Gosh, Terry, how'd you screw up like that?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I did exactly the opposite, had mine cut down a bit, but measured just a tiny bit off, and now I guess you could say it's a "perfect" fit; so darned tight I have to use a hammer to get it on or off./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Toothbar #13  
Sams,

This thread is timely. Originally, I called Carver for a toothbar. They called back quickly and wanted me to measure the inside of my bucket. But I remembered a thread here that suggested the bucket lip measurement was equally important.

I was concerned that lip size didn't appear to be an issue. So, I then called John Millers' boys (Mark at K.C. Canary-Fultonville, Inc.) and they knew my bucket and said they'd measure it for me.

I received my bar on valentines day, 6 days after ordering. I just test mounted it yesterday afternoon. I used a big hammer to get the tooth bar on and it is so solidly mounted, because of the lip "fit", I think I could actually do things without bolts! It fits my bucket lip perfectly, but the inner bold mounts have about 1/2 inch play. I'll shim this in with some extra washers.

I paid 260.00 and 14.90 shipping.

Buck

/ Toothbar #14  
Wal, Thanks for the pictures for the measurements. You can see the "indent" that I was refering to in the bucket that you have. Guess they don't matter by the pictures. I will measure outside of them.

/ Toothbar #15  
Bird,

I guess my cypering was a little off that day!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif One of those senior moments we encounter now and then.... a little touch of "oldtimers" disease.... other epithets probably exist - but unknown or forgotten at this time. Well, there I go again. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I planned on giving myself a little breathing room by subtracting off an 1/8" per side (1/4" total) and, well, the rest is history.... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ Toothbar #16  
Terry, you measure too short and I measure too long. Reckon if we got together we could get it right?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Those senior moments seem to be coming closer together for me./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Toothbar #17  
Bird,

True.... True..... sad but true. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

However, at least we can keep our sense of humor about it. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry

/ Toothbar #18  
wal excellent photo, could be a picture of mine, it is so close.

/ Toothbar #19  
the cutting edge (lip) is what actually takes the stress when digging or using toothbar. the bolts just basically hold it there.

/ Toothbar #20  
can relate to the senior moments! i have always been a little short/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gifbut then we have those darn texans (bird) bragging about being to long./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif sorry bird could not resist!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.