Top and tilt questions

/ Top and tilt questions #1  

acaba

Tractor
Kubota L3301
I am looking to get a hydraulic top and tilt setup for my Kubota L3301. I mainly want it for adjusting my rear scraper blade when maintaining my gravel driveway. Getting on-and-off-and-on-and-off to adjust the blade is hard on my back.

Can anyone discuss the relative benefits of electric solenoid vs. the manual valves? The manual valves offer a 'float' option that would be nice for letting the tilt float and keeping the blade level with the ground. And they seem like they would be better for fine/slow adjustments than the on/off electric setup.

There is an add-on for my LP scraper blade to adjust the angle so I'm looking at a minimum of 3 valves.

Any other questions I should be asking?

/ Top and tilt questions #2  
Not sure what you mean by electric solenoid?

If you can stand the cost, go for 3 rear remotes with valves. This dedicates two for the TnT and an extra for your blade angle. This extra can be used for other things when the blade isn't being used.

I also wanted tilt on my blade so I put an electric splitter valve on the blade frame. One hydraulic lever can change angle or tilt.

/ Top and tilt questions #3  
If you are going to use your blade like I do and you go with solenoid valves you will probably want to add some flow restrictors in the lines. Adjustment is often just a slight bump on a feathering manual valve.

Listen to oversd - I went with two valves and then added a third later. Would have been cheaper to go with three to start.

My L3010 is similar to your 3301. This is a T-n-T from fit-Right Hydraulics.

CornerLPGS2.JPG

gg

/ Top and tilt questions #4  
I am looking to get a hydraulic top and tilt setup for my Kubota L3301. I mainly want it for adjusting my rear scraper blade when maintaining my gravel driveway. Getting on-and-off-and-on-and-off to adjust the blade is hard on my back.

Can anyone discuss the relative benefits of electric solenoid vs. the manual valves? The manual valves offer a 'float' option that would be nice for letting the tilt float and keeping the blade level with the ground. And they seem like they would be better for fine/slow adjustments than the on/off electric setup.

There is an add-on for my LP scraper blade to adjust the angle so I'm looking at a minimum of 3 valves.

Any other questions I should be asking?
Not all rear blades are the same...I would like a cylinder to move the angle of the blade but that would eliminate being able to swing the blade all the way around for pancaking an area after grading...

Having the t&t valves where you can reach them while turned around in the seat is paramount...
I am constantly adjusting the tilt cyl. when grading...the top not so much ...

/ Top and tilt questions #5  
If you are going to use your blade like I do and you go with solenoid valves you will probably want to add some flow restrictors in the lines. Adjustment is often just a slight bump on a feathering manual valve.

Listen to oversd - I went with two valves and then added a third later. Would have been cheaper to go with three to start.

My L3010 is similar to your 3301. This is a T-n-T from fit-Right Hydraulics.

View attachment 783607

gg
I see you did what I did Gordon. Moved the manual adjustable side link to the left side!!! :)

/ Top and tilt questions #6  
Not all rear blades are the same...I would like a cylinder to move the angle of the blade but that would eliminate being able to swing the blade all the way around for pancaking an area after grading...

Having the t&t valves where you can reach them while turned around in the seat is paramount...
I am constantly adjusting the tilt cyl. when grading...the top not so much ...
Not sure I've got a good pic. But, my LP blade can be reversed. His is like mine, only smaller. The "arm" that comes off the spindle is duplicated on the opposite side. Simply pull the pin that fastens the rod end of the angle cylinder to the blade spindle, reverse the blade, reinstall the pin. I use a pull clip on the pin so it can be reversed without tools. Takes longer to get off/on the tractor than to reverse the blade.

/ Top and tilt questions #7  
My top and tilt are run by the factory remotes. I often use them to move the top or tilt just slightly, for example when hooking up an implement to the three point hitch. That'd be more difficult when using solenoid valves instead of manual ones.

If you can, install the valves so you can reach the levers from behind the tractor. That makes hooking up implements much easier. The factory levers are next to the seat on my Branson and I can just reach them from behind the tractor.

/ Top and tilt questions #8  
Not sure I've got a good pic. But, my LP blade can be reversed. His is like mine, only smaller. The "arm" that comes off the spindle is duplicated on the opposite side. Simply pull the pin that fastens the rod end of the angle cylinder to the blade spindle, reverse the blade, reinstall the pin. I use a pull clip on the pin so it can be reversed without tools. Takes longer to get off/on the tractor than to reverse the blade.
Another factor with my blade (old heavy duty Massey) is it has notches to hold whatever angle is set...I think they are 15 degrees each..there is a spring loaded lever that disengages the blade from the notches when rotating...so even if I could rig a cable to "unlatch" the blade it would take one hand on the catch and one on the valve lever...

/ Top and tilt questions #9  
Another factor with my blade (old heavy duty Massey) is it has notches to hold whatever angle is set...I think they are 15 degrees each..there is a spring loaded lever that disengages the blade from the notches when rotating...so even if I could rig a cable to "unlatch" the blade it would take one hand on the catch and one on the valve lever...
I had an older Rhino blade with similar system. I always planned to weld a plate off each side of the "circle" for a cylinder to fasten to and convert to hydraulic angle. Planned to rig up a latch to hold the factory latch open.

/ Top and tilt questions #10  
I also installed a Fitrite Hydraulic solution on my L3800 - similar size to yours. At 1st I used it to regrade my 500' gravel driveway with my box blade and back blade. It's a game changer to be able to quickly and often adjust the tilt or the aggressive angle of he blades.

This is a shot of the valves first mounted. I moved the control levers horizontal when finished.

piping remotes 1.jpg

and the top n tilt
tnt side view finished.jpg

I'll never have another tractor without TNT