Top-N-Tilt

/ Top-N-Tilt #11  
PHD is a Post Hole Digger.

Because of the way it connects to the tractor, no top link is used. It is one of the very few implements that connects without a top link.

/ Top-N-Tilt #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Kubota cylinders WILL leak down. )</font>

Yes. And much more so with the quick couplers used to connect them. However, when I can remove them just as fast as the standard setup, I would still use the quick couplers. Anybody know if the aftermarket cylinders would still hold with the quick couplers? To attach my PHD, PIA, I can have the top link off in about 1 minute. Putting the PHD on is another story! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey, want a slightly abused, um, I mean used PHD? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif After drilling around 4000 holes this spring, I don't want to see mine for a few years if ever again. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Top-N-Tilt #13  
<font color="red"> Anybody know if the aftermarket cylinders would still hold with the quick couplers? </font>

My weight box is sitting on the TC24 in the driveway now, the 3pt has been in the full up position all night. The TNT system uses IE check valve cylinders purchased from Mark Carter at CCM. When I went out this morning to get the newspaper, I noticed no leakdown on the 3pt, and the side tilt cylinder is still in the retracted position, the top cylinder is still holding the weight box tight against the tractor. Now as the kid I hired to install my a new fountain and cut some sod was last using the tractor (while I spend the day in Chicago yesterday enjoying the food in Chinatown) I do have to wonder why he didn't lower the 3pt, but the check valve hydraulic cylinders hold tight even over night.

/ Top-N-Tilt
Yes, I know, I own own one. I guess I just went brain dead with the PHD thing.

Some days I'm brain dead but it's usually work days.

Later,

/ Top-N-Tilt #15  
Thanks Bob. Mine would be full out on the top and all the way down on the one side. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's rather disconcerting to see a box blade at such an angle when you don't expect it. Perhaps if it becomes an issue during operation I'll have to invest in some cylinders with check valves like the ones you have from CCM. I wonder why Kubota doesn't use those? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The leakdown I have on mine was tested by a Kubota rep and fell into the "normal" category with quick couplers. I really don't know why the quick couplers make a difference. The FEL uses quick couplers, and it doesn't leak down now that they replaced the damaged lift cylinder. However, Kubota has a completely different allowable rate of leak down for the T&T when not hard plumbed to the tractor. I can't imagine having them attached that way!

/ Top-N-Tilt
I have a PHD from myh skid steer loader that I going to adapt to the front loader in this tractor. I will make it attach to the bucket on the left side. Then use the front remotes I'm adding to turn the auger. This way I can drill infront of me and see what I'm doing. Plus I have the unit left over anyway. Use what you got when you can.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Top-N-Tilt #17  
Brent, I had read enough about leakdown on regular cylinders prior to deciding on the Integrated Engineering designed system to know that IE figured out the right way to do it. I don't claim to know much about hydraulics, but I guess I'm just pretty **** about doing advance reasearch. I can't tell you HOW or WHY the check valve cylinders don't leak down, but if they do, it is in such tiny amounts that you'd need a micrometer to measure it.