Top US Seller!

/ Top US Seller! #1  

JimBinMI

Veteran Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota BX25D-1, New Holland TZ18DA
Fellow Blue Boys & Girls,

I was at my New Holland dealer this afternoon and found out that my dealer is the 5th Biggest dealer for Woods - Nationwide! I thought that was pretty cool, and helps explain the good prices I get. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

While I was at it, I asked my salesman, owner's brother-in-law, been in the business for years, the question that a lot have asked with no answers. I asked who sold more compacts, New Holland, Kubota, Deere? He stated, and this is his knowledge base not mine, that Kubota sells more compacts Worldwide <font color=blue>BUT New Holland sells more compacts in the United States of America!</font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Must be the more intelligent/informed US buyers...no offense to international forum visitors/members!

I don't know if this is factual, I believe him though, if he was not being truthful I think he would have said that NH outsells Kubota everywhere. (Which, by the way it does as an entire corporation, all products)

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Top US Seller! #2  
I found this one last Spring on Hoover's. (No, I didn't consult a vacuum! It's a business research service)...

Kubota quietly finds success in both machinery and engine markets in North
America.
Abstracted from Diesel Progress North American Edition 02/01/99

"Kubota Corp of Japan has slowly built a strong base in the North American machinery and diesel engine markets. As one of the premier manufacturers of both diesel engines and machinery in the world, Kubota consistently turns in impressive sales figures annually. The company is the leading supplier of small farm and utility tractors under 40 hp in North America and is ranked second in the market for small backhoe loaders. It is also second to Melroe in miniexcavators, accounting for about 30% of the market. Kubota's major competitors in the North American market are Caterpillar, Deere, Waldon and Singer."

So, Jim, it looks like Kubota is the leading North American seller of compacts. Which supports your contention that we are "intelligent/informed US buyers". /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Top US Seller! #3  
It would not surprise me either way. If you look at the offerings of NH, Kubota, and JD, Kubota offers a wider selection of sizes and hp to fit everybody's needs especially homeowners. NH has come out with the new Boomers and my guess is they will reclaim some of that market or force Kubota to redesign to a more attractive appearance. JD evidently has evidently only recently became interested in competing in that market with the introduction of the 4000 series. THey still don't have much selection in the 30 hp and under range with only 2 models at or under 30hp, 4100, and 4200. Kubota has BX2200, B7400, B7500, B2410, B2710, B2910, and L3010?. NH has TC18, TC21, TC25, and TC29. Am I headed in a wrong direction here or does it make sense to anybody else? Are more of the 30hp and under bought for home use or commercial use?

/ Top US Seller! #4  
Eddie, I think you have a good theory. If you offer a wider selection, then you have a better chance of having whatever feature a particular consumer is interested in. Thus more sales. Kubota concentrates on compacts. I do believe that NH is applying serious pressure on them. JD is spread out in many markets, so I don't expect an explosion in their compact line anytime soon.

BTW... What's with CC? My one and only local CC dealer has put up a Kubota sign. They use to have at least 15 CC's on the lot at all times. Last week as I drove by I saw only 2 (no Kubota's yet, though), ala possible stock liquidation sale. Since they were closed, I didn't get a chance to ask. Is CC having a rough time in the market?

/ Top US Seller! #5  
Sounds like your dealer is not very well informed on Kubota sales. Now I wonder if he is bigger Woods dealer than some Kubota dealers that I know that sell a lot of Woods equipment.

/ Top US Seller!
Roy,

Your source is over a year and a half old. Does anyone have a more recent concrete source? I realize that my source is not concrete, but I figured it would at least bring about fact-backed discussion which has been lacking since the first person ever asked for actual sales and who sells more.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Top US Seller!
Wen,

Why is he not very well informed, please respond with fact-backed information, quote recent sources if there are any. IF Kubota does sell more in USA, I can handle that...I think! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Top US Seller! #8  
Well, they sold me one and the other didn't:

Kubota - 1
New Holland - 0

Your thread. Bombard us with all the factual data you want to.

The local John Deere dealer says John Deere outsells New Holland. The local Kubota dealer says Kubota outsells New Holland. Asked the New Holland dealer (who is also a John Deere Dealer) who sold the most compacts and he said he didn't know for sure but he sold a lot more John Deere than New Holland. It is probably all self serving, but they don't care, all they want to do is sell a tractor, not buy stock in a company.

/ Top US Seller! #9  
Sounds like that dealer is a politician; told you what you wanted to hear./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif But didn't want to stretch the truth too far by claiming New Holland was the big seller worldwide./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

And as for factual data as to who sells the most; I don't have any, or care really./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Top US Seller!
Bird,

Don't kid yourself, you cared enough to read the posts and respond...I'd say there's some interest there! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!