Toro Wheelhoese 312-8 Will Not Start

/ Toro Wheelhoese 312-8 Will Not Start #1  

Jaide

Tractor
Toro Wheelhorse 312-8
I have a 1990 Toro Wheelhorse 312-8 that I used to mow about an acre this morning. I stopped mowing at 1030 am and by 6pm when I went to move the tractor it would not start.

When turning the key absolutely nothing happens, no clicking, no engaging of the starter at all. The lights do not turn on, the seat indicator light is not on when not on the seat either. The blades are not engaged and the seat safety switch appears fine, and the battery is new within the last 6 months.

I know pretty well zero about tractors/mowers my ex-husband used to do all the maintenance on this one.

Any suggestions/ideas and REALLY GREATLY appreciated, I still have another acre to mow.

/ Toro Wheelhoese 312-8 Will Not Start #2  
Hi
I also have a 312-8 this is gonna sound dumb but are you pushing in the clutch all the way? if so is the pto lever engaged ? If the pto is engaged it will not start. Good luck

/ Toro Wheelhoese 312-8 Will Not Start #3  
Jaide said:
I have a 1990 Toro Wheelhorse 312-8 that I used to mow about an acre this morning. I stopped mowing at 1030 am and by 6pm when I went to move the tractor it would not start.

When turning the key absolutely nothing happens, no clicking, no engaging of the starter at all. The lights do not turn on, the seat indicator light is not on when not on the seat either. The blades are not engaged and the seat safety switch appears fine, and the battery is new within the last 6 months.

I know pretty well zero about tractors/mowers my ex-husband used to do all the maintenance on this one.

Any suggestions/ideas and REALLY GREATLY appreciated, I still have another acre to mow.

Sounds to me like maybe a main fuse blew if you get nothing!! Test the voltage on the battery also but I would think you would at least get a dim light!

/ Toro Wheelhoese 312-8 Will Not Start #4  
You may want to check your battery cable ends also, after checking the above mentioned items. I have an '88 310-8, and the ends on the battery cables are the large crimp on eyelet rings. One of mine broke off at the battery due to vibration fatigue I assume. Could be corrosion at either end, of either cable, or just loose. Doesn't take much.

I've also had times the switch did not activate the first, or first couple of times... While looking to diagnose my problem, and turning the switch, it started working again, apparently "healing" itself... It will still do that maybe twice during the mowing season, and still not sure what is up with that. Luckily, after turning the switch maybe 6 to 10 times, it will work again.

/ Toro Wheelhoese 312-8 Will Not Start #5  
Assuming that the battery is not completely dead, it pretty well has to be one of the safety switches. Mine does the same thing now and then, I wind up jumping the solenoid as I have never been able to pinpoint which switch. Then it might not happen again for 4 weeks....