Toro z5000 , installed engine from -> Toro Wheel horse 616Z

/ Toro z5000 , installed engine from -> Toro Wheel horse 616Z #11  
How many volts are you seeing on the battery terminal of the solenoid when you are seeing 10 volts on what you are calling the connecting terminal on the solenoid?
I have heard of some riding mowers doing something similar (Deere had some issues with this for a while and has a kit to fix it: John Deere Starting Improvement Relay Kit - AM107421) and the 10 volts you are seeing might not be enough to fully engage the solenoid.
Try jumping from the battery terminal of the solenoid to what you are calling the connecting terminal on the solenoid and see if you get the same voltage on both sides then.
If so, I would either buy or make a start assist kit like the one I linked to above.

Aaron Z

/ Toro z5000 , installed engine from -> Toro Wheel horse 616Z
Resolved the starting issue by installing a new starter solinoid:thumbsup: I guess the old solinoid and the other one I used when troubleshooting was no good as well, :)Thanks!

/ Toro z5000 , installed engine from -> Toro Wheel horse 616Z
Well I got about half the lawn cut ( 1 acre ) about 15 minutes into cutting the Deck blade belt came off, I was able to stretch back on but then 15 minutes later it broke, I knew it was a 50%/50% chance if the belt was going to hold because I think it was too small, I used the clutch from the workhorse which had a much larger pully than would have been original for the Zerro turn, It was probably a good thing it broke, otherwise it might could have eventually ruin a spindle bearing or tensioner pully bearing:cool: OEM specs show a 141.3 belt But when measuring it is actually 140 3/4 I'm thinking the previous owner substitute the belt to a shorter one and I'm thinking it should be roughly 2" inches longer, which I cannot find anywhere a 142 3/4 belt, I may can use a bit larger but not sure,

What I now need to know is approx how much or in what location is the tensioner when the belt is on? would halfway point be enough to keep the belt from slinging off?
Thanks