torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23 #1  

kubota35

Tractor
kubota bx23
first post to the website.......ready to change the oil for my BX23.....manual doesn't have actual torque value for the oil drain bolt.......I'd like to have that value and use my torque wrench if I knew what it was........any help???...thanks

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23 #2  
first post to the website.......ready to change the oil for my BX23.....manual doesn't have actual torque value for the oil drain bolt.......I'd like to have that value and use my torque wrench if I knew what it was........any help???...thanks
Torque to yield.

Just joking, welcome to TBN. Do it like you would a car.........snug it good, then go a smidge more so it doesn't vibrate out.

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23
Don, thanks for the fast response...........I'll "snug" it, but not too much...and of course, check for leaks...........thanks again...

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23 #4  
Don, thanks for the fast response...........I'll "snug" it, but not too much...and of course, check for leaks...........thanks again...
Your welcome. Don't be a stranger.

Lot's of things goin on here on TBN.

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23 #5  
Snug it up plus 1/4 turn.
AND, check the engine oil level and the hydraulic fluid level in the sump before starting the engine (do this every time--it's the cheapest engine/tranny protection).

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23 #6  
Snug it up plus 1/4 turn.
AND, check the engine oil level and the hydraulic fluid level in the sump before starting the engine (do this every time--it's the cheapest engine/tranny protection).
Man.......that's a lot on a drain plug. I've never gone more than 1/8 of a turn.

But then again, maybe our definition of 'snug' is different:confused3:

EDIT: Some plugs have a course thread, some have fine........maybe that's the difference?

/ torque for the oil drain bolt of a bx23
all, thanks for the advice.......have looked at this forum many times, but have not joined till now to actually participate............looks like I'll get some good answers.....
Mark