Loader Torqued loader torque tube

/ Torqued loader torque tube #1  

carlhwv

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HDC
While spreading shale when the track loader was down, one side of my tooth bucket jumped off the quick detach. I wasn’t quick enough on the clutch and the force immediately twisted the tube that separates the two side of the quick detach. Reading through the forums it looks like this is somewhat of a common occurrence.

I’m running a Kubota m7040 with a la1153 loader. I tried using the hydro’s and the weight of the tractor to twist it back to no avail. While it looks like this method has been used successfully on smaller machines, with the size of the tube on my loader I don’t think it’s going to work.

Before I resign to cutting it out and replacing with a plate, tube, or bar, I’m wondering if anyone has tried heating it up and twisting it back? I don’t have much to loose as it’s non-functional IMG_2052.JPGIMG_2053.JPG as it is and I’m planning on cutting it out anyway.

If anyone has another way to re-align the bar I’m all ears.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2054.JPGIMG_2049.JPG

/ Torqued loader torque tube #2  
If you shim the low side is the hydraulics strong enough to bend it back? I did the same thing to mine and I straightened it my lifting up on the high side. Cutting and rewelding is really the best option. Mine still isn’t quite right after straightening.

/ Torqued loader torque tube #3  
Do you still have KTAC?

Brett

/ Torqued loader torque tube #4  
With great care and caution, disconnect cylinder on one side, chain it back to loader arm, extend cylinder on other side. Don't do this if you are unaware of the forces involved and the potential risks.

/ Torqued loader torque tube #5  
I'd just bite the bullet and by a new kubota QA assembly. Although I have some incredibly talented Mennonite welding shops in my region. Would bother me if it wasn't perfect. Connecting to FEL implements is sometimes a pain even w/ proper factory alignment.

/ Torqued loader torque tube
I’d rather not drop the $938 on the new attachment. They make us buy the entire assembly. I’ll go that route if I need to, but I’ll try the chain up recommendation first, then heat, the cut/weld first. Breakout force on the LA 1153 is only a bit over 3000 lbs, so I don’t have much hope on bending it back without heat...now, if I warm it with the torch fist, I think it might go.

Brett, I’m not sure what KTAC is......brain isn’t processing, its early and I’m just coming off moving 350 tons of rock in 9 day with a pneumatic rock drill and black powder and 180 spreading 200 tons of shale to firm up the site. Spreading the shale was something we did on our rain day. Finally start building our new house on top of the mountain. It’s recovery week for me and the equipment.....:).

Thanks for the input guys.

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

/ Torqued loader torque tube #7  
Believe KTAC is the kubota insurance if you financed the tractor through them and purchased their insurance. Was mandatory to insure a financed tractor but buyer could provide coverage through any insurance source. This was an accident, should be covered?

My homeowner's insurance covers my tractors, but my deductible is $1000. Covers fire, theft, accidents.

/ Torqued loader torque tube #8  
Take a handheld band saw cut the tube in the center, square both ends back up correctly. Tack weld the tube back together and find some heavy wall tube that fits snug into the original tube, drill a few holes in the original tube on each side of the cut then slide the new inner piece into the tube evenly on both sides of the cut. Plug weld the new tube in the holes you drilled and then finish welding around the old tube.

/ Torqued loader torque tube #9  
Believe KTAC is the kubota insurance if you financed the tractor through them and purchased their insurance. Was mandatory to insure a financed tractor but buyer could provide coverage through any insurance source. This was an accident, should be covered?

My homeowner's insurance covers my tractors, but my deductible is $1000. Covers fire, theft, accidents.

Most homeowner's insurance will cover if you damage something using the tractor (like if you crash it into your house) but won't cover damage to the tractor itself resulting from use (unless it catches fire and burns to the ground from a fuel leak or something like that). You'd need a specific policy on the tractor itself.

/ Torqued loader torque tube #10  
I wouldnt disconnect and chain one side to loader.

Rather I would just swap hoses on one curl cylinder.

Make one push as the other pulls.

If that dont work, maybe try that + a little heat