Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements

/ Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements #11  
I'm no expert on buying tractors, but I have bought a few, and I've never seen a list like this before. The last tractor I bought was a Massey Ferguson 4707 from a dealer that's an hour away. I paid $55,000 for it and he delivered it for that price. It didn't come with a radio, but he added it for that price. I didn't buy anything else for it at that time, but then a month later, I bought a 12 foot batwing from the same dealer. I picked it up and brought it home myself.

While going through your list, I see some things that I don't think are very important, or needed, but seem to be "just in case" items, like a spare driveshaft. I've gone through a few of them, and they are pretty easy to buy off of Amazon. How many sheer pins are you getting? They are grade 5 bolts, and I just buy them at the store when I need them. I keep one or two, with bolts, in my toolbox, but rarely need them. Is he really charging you for a tool box, and even more for the brackets to mount it?

I bought my Leinbach Line 3 point auger 20 years ago and it's been a solid gear box, but it came with a horrible 12 inch auger. I replaced it with a Speeco auger that was a lot better, but not great. Then I replaced that auger with a Country Line 12 inch auger from Tractor Supply, and it's been a great auger. I used it on my 37hp tractor all that time and felt it dug very well in my hard red clay, but it struggled to pull the auger back up when it started digging too fast and aggressively. I bought a smaller 9 inch auger with the hope it would come up better, but just the opposite happened. It drills down so quickly that I'm unable to pull it back up fast enough to stop it from getting stuck in the ground. Be sure to have a 24 inch pipe wrench and 6 feet of pipe to add to the handle for leverage when unscrewing auger bits from the ground. This year I put the 12 inch auger on my 65 hp tractor and it's been great at digging and not burying itself in the ground. More HP is what I needed all along. I've never wanted to use that 9 inch auger again. I pulled the cutting teeth off of it and put them on the 12 inch auger when they wore out, and never replaced them. I don't know how many teeth I've gone through on that auger. Tractor Supply has them, but not at every store, and not all the time. Amazon has them for less money and you can get them in a few days. Buying three different sized augers seems kind of odd to me. If you do any fencing, you want the hole as big as possible to line up your posts. An auger does what it wants to do once it starts digging and you will have to use a good clamshell digger to straighter out or move a hole over a lot more then you would imagine after drilling all your holes with the auger.

In my opinion, your dealer is nickel and diming you for every penny he can get out of you. Is there another dealer in your area to talk to? In my area, the closest Massey dealer isn't somebody that I want to deal with. I personally know 3 people who have had really bad experiences there. The next closest one is half an hour away and it's just a very small mom and pop place that's been around forever, but only has a couple tractors on their lot, very few implements, and parts for sale. I just didn't get the vibe I wanted from them that I was looking for. The next dealer is the one I bought from, and at an hour away, there are three of them that far away. I knew a little about all three and bought from the one that is expanding his business, has a huge yard full of tractors and implements, a dedicated parts and repair shop, and he was very easy to work up a good deal for me. Since then, he's bought another dealership about 45 minutes away from me, and he continues to build up and expand his business. I also like that he's very active on FB, which is nice for asking questions, but also reading what he says to other people all over the country who have questions about their Massey tractors.

/ Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements #12  
I'm just glad I don't have to buy all that stuff again. :ROFLMAO:

/ Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements
I'm no expert on buying tractors, but I have bought a few, and I've never seen a list like this before. The last tractor I bought was a Massey Ferguson 4707 from a dealer that's an hour away. I paid $55,000 for it and he delivered it for that price. It didn't come with a radio, but he added it for that price. I didn't buy anything else for it at that time, but then a month later, I bought a 12 foot batwing from the same dealer. I picked it up and brought it home myself.

While going through your list, I see some things that I don't think are very important, or needed, but seem to be "just in case" items, like a spare driveshaft. I've gone through a few of them, and they are pretty easy to buy off of Amazon. How many sheer pins are you getting? They are grade 5 bolts, and I just buy them at the store when I need them. I keep one or two, with bolts, in my toolbox, but rarely need them. Is he really charging you for a tool box, and even more for the brackets to mount it?

I bought my Leinbach Line 3 point auger 20 years ago and it's been a solid gear box, but it came with a horrible 12 inch auger. I replaced it with a Speeco auger that was a lot better, but not great. Then I replaced that auger with a Country Line 12 inch auger from Tractor Supply, and it's been a great auger. I used it on my 37hp tractor all that time and felt it dug very well in my hard red clay, but it struggled to pull the auger back up when it started digging too fast and aggressively. I bought a smaller 9 inch auger with the hope it would come up better, but just the opposite happened. It drills down so quickly that I'm unable to pull it back up fast enough to stop it from getting stuck in the ground. Be sure to have a 24 inch pipe wrench and 6 feet of pipe to add to the handle for leverage when unscrewing auger bits from the ground. This year I put the 12 inch auger on my 65 hp tractor and it's been great at digging and not burying itself in the ground. More HP is what I needed all along. I've never wanted to use that 9 inch auger again. I pulled the cutting teeth off of it and put them on the 12 inch auger when they wore out, and never replaced them. I don't know how many teeth I've gone through on that auger. Tractor Supply has them, but not at every store, and not all the time. Amazon has them for less money and you can get them in a few days. Buying three different sized augers seems kind of odd to me. If you do any fencing, you want the hole as big as possible to line up your posts. An auger does what it wants to do once it starts digging and you will have to use a good clamshell digger to straighter out or move a hole over a lot more then you would imagine after drilling all your holes with the auger.

In my opinion, your dealer is nickel and diming you for every penny he can get out of you. Is there another dealer in your area to talk to? In my area, the closest Massey dealer isn't somebody that I want to deal with. I personally know 3 people who have had really bad experiences there. The next closest one is half an hour away and it's just a very small mom and pop place that's been around forever, but only has a couple tractors on their lot, very few implements, and parts for sale. I just didn't get the vibe I wanted from them that I was looking for. The next dealer is the one I bought from, and at an hour away, there are three of them that far away. I knew a little about all three and bought from the one that is expanding his business, has a huge yard full of tractors and implements, a dedicated parts and repair shop, and he was very easy to work up a good deal for me. Since then, he's bought another dealership about 45 minutes away from me, and he continues to build up and expand his business. I also like that he's very active on FB, which is nice for asking questions, but also reading what he says to other people all over the country who have questions about their Massey tractors.
My list is stuff that I purchased over the last two years of ownership. I made my tool box out of an ammo can from Harbor Freight. I had to buy a PTO shaft because I cut the one for my tiller too short. My dealer is 2-1/2 hours away and they charged me to pick up the tractor to install the third function kit. Yes that pissed me off, but now I learned. I have another dealer 45 minutes away who I have been using. I bought all three size augers for the post hole digger so I have the complete set, just in case Tractor Supply stops selling this brand or the price goes up too much. The battery Dewalt grease gun was a must have in my opinion. I already have a few Dewalt battery tools so I have extra batteries already.

/ Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements #14  
I misunderstood your list. I thought you where buying all that stuff at once from the dealer, when you where buying your tractor. I can't even imagine what my list would look like. I know I paid too much for a 6 foot Landpride box blade when I bought my 37 hp tractor brand new, but hated it so much that I gave it away to a friend.

/ Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements #15  
Over the the 9 years I have had my tractor, I ended up with a similiar list of purchases for use with our tractor. Total cost/value is priceless, when the wife keeps saying why didn't we purchase that earlier.

Nice tractor, by the way!

/ Total cost so far for a Massey GC1723 and implements #16  
Looks like your set up pretty good for any task PJRAM!

I remember when those prices would have been Canadian dollars for all that stuff. How times have changed.