toto 5000/6000 choices

/ toto 5000/6000 choices #1  

vaskeet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota l2250
Anyone own one ? I am looking for info on which series and which motor to buy. I have 11 acres of lawn/pasture that I cut. I now cut with a Kubota l3700 and a 72 inch finish mower. My biggest concern about toro is the engine size Is the Kohler 26.5hp or 25.5hp (6000 series 26.5 5000 series 25.5) enough hp with 60 in deck to cut pastures and country (redneck) yards other choices are fx-801v Kawasaki 25.5 hp or the kohler 34 hp efi. if grass gets to high I will always be able to cut with tractor. I am looking to buy under the equine savings program thanks

/ toto 5000/6000 choices #2  
I'd go with the Kohler 34 HP EFI. I'm not a big fan of Kohler engines, but their EFI engines are supposed to be good and very, very fuel efficient. And it should have plenty of grunt to power through taller grasses and weeds.

For mowing a yard, I don't care about fuel efficiency much. But for mowing 11 acres, 1/2 to 3/4 gallon per hour fuel savings would add up.

/ toto 5000/6000 choices
If toro had the 35hp vanguard I would not even be looking at the Kohlers but the 26.5 and 34 kohlers are the 2 biggest engines they have. I should get the prices this week and the I will start compairing the toro savings to what I can work out with other brands like Scag and Ferris who knows I may go with Kubota but the 26% off through equine savings makes the toro hard to pass up

/ toto 5000/6000 choices #4  
The 34hp Kohler EFI is part of their Command Pro line. I would not be scared of that engine at all. I don't like their Courage line, just like I don't like the Briggs & Stratton "Intek" engines. But the Briggs Vanguard engines are great. The Kohler Command Pro and B&S Vanguard lines are both commercial engine lines.