Tow Bar

/ Tow Bar
roysallis,
If I under stand you right ( I can be thick headed at times) pic 1 and 2 shows square tube that two extra receivers for storage. They are tall enough that they won't come out, at least I have not lost any yet, besides if the ground is that rough I slow down so it don't shake my tractor apart and it's to hard on me too.
If I advertised it for $100, It would not be be too much, would it?

/ Tow Bar #12  
DDT, I know what you mean about not understanding sometimes. I read many of these posts and I do not understand what they are talking about until I see a picture. Yes, you did understand what I was trying to say. If they tubes are tall enough that the receivers won't fall out I guess there would not be a need to drill a hole in the tubes to insert a pin, it would be just some extra assurance that you would not lose them. Based on the price of other attachments I think $100 would be a fair price, especially if it was primed and painted to match the customer's tractor. A receiver hitch for a car or truck will cost more than $100. If I needed one I would pay $100.

/ Tow Bar #13  
DDT, that's a good looking hitch receiver. How much does it weigh? Of course, if you're using a quick hitch I guess that doesn't matter a lot. This is a real light weight 3-point hitch I made about 5 years ago for my B7100. I wanted something light enough I could pick it up with one hand to put on the tractor quickly, and I didn't want to spend any money; just made it from stuff I already had laying around. Instead of a receiver, it's a convert-a-ball so I can quickly change to any of 3 ball sizes.

Bird

Attachments

• 5-29921-3pthitch.jpg
    5-29921-3pthitch.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 365
   / Tow Bar
roysallis
I always paint them black, so it don't stand out from the rest of the tractor. and don't want to get rid of my receivers, just the hitch, any reciever will work in it.
bird, It weighs 33 LBS acording to the bath room scales ( with out the recievers)
I finished my new one last night, it is ready for paint (black), so I can use it with or with out my quick hitch. as you can tell I don't like spending alot of time in hook up mode.
DDT

/ Tow Bar #15  
DDT, Leinbach Machinery in Winston Salem, NC sells them for $59, without the receiver. Northern Tool shows them in their catalog for around $200.

/ Tow Bar #16  
Here's a picture of a tow bar I built. I needed something that would work for a pintile hitch, and using a reciever mounted pintile hitch would get heavy. The vertical member that doesn't show in the picture is a 1"x2" steel rectangular bar. I didn't make the plate with the holes in it, I cut it off an old receiver mount that somebody else threw away. Finally I welded a D ring and a grab hook for light duty pulling. Heavy duty pulling gets done from the drawbar to keep the atachment point below the rear axle. To whit, note the Chalkey Chain.

The color, if not identifiable from the picture, is my second most favorite color - New Cat Yellow.

Pat

Attachments

• 5-30760-tractor.jpg
    5-30760-tractor.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 433