Tow Strap Cinch Bone

/ Tow Strap Cinch Bone #11  
Consider this. Use short pieces of tree straps that are used to aid in winching. You could get three of these, at 6 ft each, and cinch bone them together, and get the job done. These would be used as a short tow strap . Does everyone know the snatch strap is designed to be more elastic, and perform better than a tow strap for getting vehicles out of trouble. The tow strap is designed for towing. For safety reasons, they are saying to not use the tow straps with the metal hooks.

A 5 gal clean bucket with lid is a good idea to keep your straps dry and secure. If you have room in your truck box, keep them there.

Long term exposure to ultraviolet light will have a deteriorating effect on nylon products.

/ Tow Strap Cinch Bone
I actually have 3 of the 25' Keeper Yellow Snatch Straps. They do stretch like you said to about 30' when really pulling. I also have 2 25' Tow Straps that are orange with hooks on each end that I use for pulling but not for recovering a stuck vehicle. I always take my passengers floor mat out and drape it over the strap mid span to slow it down if it was to break.

I keep one in each truck along with a 5' piece of grade 70 3/8" chain with a clevis hook on one end and a snap hook on the other. This way I can use the chain on the stuck vehicle if it does not have a tow hook to prevent my strap from abrasions. I then hook the loop end through my tow hooks on my truck.

Chris

/ Tow Strap Cinch Bone #13  
Let say you have a 25' strap and you only have x number of feet to work in. I can see if you can double the strap up but what if you need to do something different? That is where this bone would come in handy if it could be made to grip anywhere on the strap.

Chris

Use chain. Much easier to shorten

/ Tow Strap Cinch Bone
I have 3 chains but just hate dealing with them. I really like the straps but just hate it when need to shorten. Its not like I am using this everyday but I do use them a few 4-5 times a winter. Just pulled the FedEx truck out this morning With the F-150. End up not doing any good, he broke the drive shaft trying to get out of the ditch. So I turned around the truck and hooked the strap to my Reese Hitch and pulled him a 1/4 mile to a parking lot to get him out of the road so he could call a wrecker.

Chris