Towing a NH T2310 in a dump trailer?

/ Towing a NH T2310 in a dump trailer? #11  
I tow my BX24 in a 12ft 10k dump body trailer. I raise the body of the trailer up 6 or so inches which lowers the end and makes it less of an incline for the tractor. I then back it up onto the trailer, turn the backhoe to one side and get as close to the back wall as possible with out hitting. Close the doors, then lower the bucket, which over hangs, and chain it all down.

/ Towing a NH T2310 in a dump trailer? #12  
I cannot recommend too highly a gooseneck rather than bumper hitch... I've posted on numerous threads my reasons...PM me if you want details

example... no need for a support for rear of the trailer when loading.... you simply won't lift the entire pickup up with a gooseneck... and, you will test to assure it is fully latched down before getting on the road. With a bumper pull.. you WILL need to use the rear blocks to keep from lifting the rear of your pickup off the ground... there have been numerous posts on TBN where people testify that they had problems, sometimes serious, when loading a tractor on a bumper pull trailer that lifted the pickup rear off the ground.

I have a friend that loaded a backhoe on his gooseneck and slid down the driveway. It did not lift the rear completely off the ground, but took enough weight off the rear end that is slid. JC

/ Towing a NH T2310 in a dump trailer? #13  
One of my customers tows his 14' Bi-Mar dump with a 33 HP JD and FEL. Not sure of the model but its a 2005 or so tractor so that should give you a idea. He towed it with a Expedition and now a F-150 with Zero issues.

One trick I have learned from boating is use 4x4 when loading and unloading. If you put a truck in park and set the brakes you still are only applying holding power to the rear axle. By putting it in 4 wheel drive you are now applying holding power via the tranny to the front axle also.

Chris

/ Towing a NH T2310 in a dump trailer? #14  
only plus with bumper hitch is you have full use of pickup bed... and I guess it's cheaper, too.

-or you share your trailer with a family member/friend we all dont have to have goosnecks hookups.

-if you have a 3/4 ton van or SUV (sub or expedition) little hard to fit a gooseneck in the back of one of those.

-if your truck breaks down then anyone with a 3/4ton pickup and a 2" reciver hitch can pull your trailer for you.

-easy to toss a pintle hitch on it and pull it behind a class2/3 type truck.

There are a lot of good reasons to go bumper pull.

/ Towing a NH T2310 in a dump trailer? #15  
-or you share your trailer with a family member/friend we all dont have to have goosnecks hookups.

-if you have a 3/4 ton van or SUV (sub or expedition) little hard to fit a gooseneck in the back of one of those.

-if your truck breaks down then anyone with a 3/4ton pickup and a 2" reciver hitch can pull your trailer for you.

-easy to toss a pintle hitch on it and pull it behind a class2/3 type truck.

There are a lot of good reasons to go bumper pull.

Or with a gooseneck, it will help eliminate some "would be" borrowers..:D