Toyota Tundra Problem?

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #81  
Just to set the record straight. Toyota was paying 150% of the excellent KBB price, no matter what the actual condition of your truck.
I had a 2000 tacoma. I USED that truck. It was worth maybe 5-6,000. In 2005, with over 150k on it, I was going to replace the rear shocks. I noticed a small rust spot in the frame near the attachment point. I was able to poke the tip of a screw driver thru it. Took it to the dealer for them to evaluate the situation. I received a check for $12,000 3 days later. Say what you want about the problem, but I'm driving a 2015 Tacoma and my wife and 4 children all drive Toyotas. They made a customer for life that day.

The money the spent on the few thousand vehicles they bought back paid hundred full.

You can not buy that advertisement.

Chris

/ Toyota Tundra Problem?
I updated this thread because I just read where Toyota has agreed to pay 3.4 billion dollars for a class action law suit related to rusty frames. I suspect this truck I posted about is part of it. I posted some pics on the bottom of the 4th page of this thread. This isn't going to help them.

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #83  
I've read through all the posts, looked at the photos, and am surprised at the damage. I can only report my experience; '07 Tundra purchased new in July, '07, built in San Antonio, 130,000 miles, most of which was put on during the winter, traveling to snowmobiling destinations in northern and western mountains of Maine. 380 miles to Ft. Kent, 180 miles to Jackman and about the same to Millinocket over sand, salt, brine treated roads and I have no sheet metal rust, original brake and fuel lines. There is some frame rust, mostly on the weld areas, but absolutely no perforation. Maybe I got lucky and got a truck with extra protection, but I doubt it, and maybe they (Toyota) put extra protection on trucks going to the northeast, but I'm VERY happy with my "Yota"