Tiller TR3 Rake and Landscaping question

/ TR3 Rake and Landscaping question #11  
Um I can pull six inches of soil off the top without putting down the tines. And rocks don't bother it at all. I managed to accidentally find and pull the concrete fence post bases a previous owner had buried while leveling ground. Strange JMER I don't see your tr3 in your pic of your tractor...

What does it do with soil that has a lot of small stones / Rocks? My landscape rake I know would just pop them up to the top. With a Harley rake the majority of them are buried and the remaining ones I can windrow. Not sure how the TR3 rake can do that with what I see. Maybe I'm wrong. I used to install lawns on the side and used a combination of a rototiller, box blade, landscape rake. Ran into many types of soil and conditions. Finally invested in a Harley rake and couldn't believe how valuable of a tool it was. I did look at buying a TR3 rake but the Harley rake at the time wasn't that much more. Paid $5500 in 2007 for a brand new 6' power rake with hydraulic angle.

/ TR3 Rake and Landscaping question #12  
Watching the video I never saw any rocks, only nice dry fluffy soil.
Wonder how it would handle stones, roots and saplings.

I like to back drag with my tooth bar and level using the heel of my FEL in reverse (in float mode)and get similar results.
(I have added extra wear strip on the FEL heel)

/ TR3 Rake and Landscaping question #14  
JMER, what it does with loose aggregate depends on the angle you have it at on the 3 point. If I run the top link long it'll pull rocks and gravel to the top. If I run it short it just smashes them into the soil. I use it with the top link long on our parking area that is all road base. It pulls all the small gravel up on top and makes it look like I just got a fresh load dumped in. Our other driveway is 3/4 gravel over what Id call mud and I run it long to pull all the gravel back up on top. I need to remove all the gravel and actually put down a base that is less squishy when wet so that the gravel will stay on top instead of being compacted. Ive had mine a bout 2 years now and really like it for anything dirt related; driveways, landscaping, I even manage to use it to scrape ice with. The book says its not made for snow removal, but if you drop it all the way down and go backwards it will definitely scrape ice. If you crank the top link way out it, works pretty good as a rake for raking in seed. I rake it that way to about an inch of depth then roll it with a 1500lb roller. Grass and wildflower mix I plant that way comes up really nice. The one thing it sucks at is as a landscape rake for removing sticks, branches etc from grassy areas. Theres just not enough flex or tine depth, o I'm going to have to get a no kidding landscape rake for pasture cleanups when the grass is growing and were cutting/limbing trees. I have found that you can occasionally find a TR# on craigslist for decent prices if its someone who had horses and is getting out or a landscape business that is going under. I found an awesome deal on a used one but it was just too wide for my use. It was a 8 1/2 footer, catII for $1800. Because they're made like tanks I wouldn't shy away from a used one if your looking. ABI will still support you with parts and such.

/ TR3 Rake and Landscaping question #15  
For debris cleanup and piling, a Ratchet Rake is multiples more effective than a Landscape Rake.

Ratchet Rake spends three times more hours attached to the bucket than the Landscape Rake spends mounted on the Three Point Hitch.

I have both.

Attachments

• DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 144
  • DSC00043.jpg
    DSC00043.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
   / TR3 Rake and Landscaping question #16  
jeff, I have a root grapple on the front of mine that I pile and pick up the size of stuff you have in your pics. I need something a little finer that isn't going to scrape the ground bare. I can pile and pick up stuff with the grapple to what would be considered "rake clean" then however, theres still a lot of stuff that horses and mowers don't get along with leftover. Where you at? You wanna sell your rake?