Trac Vac 560 Turbine Removal

/ Trac Vac 560 Turbine Removal #11  
Just a WAG, but if there's no compression and no "clankin'" noise when you pull it through, I'd be more inclined to think you've got a valve stuck open. Might be easily salvageable. BTW always a good idea to store small engines on the compression stroke with both valves closed to help prevent such issues.

bumper

/ Trac Vac 560 Turbine Removal #12  
bumperm, thanks for the tip. You're right, I don't know for sure if the rod is thrown, but need to get it up on the bench to find out.
Any idea of how to get that turbine impeller off?? I bought a decent gear puller to remove it, but it won't budge. Tried to heat the impeller area around the motor shaft, but don't think I got it hot enough with a propane torch.

/ Trac Vac 560 Turbine Removal #13  
I had one I had to cut/chisel off ... like you all I had was a Bernzomatic propane torch ... not enough heat.

Oxy/acetylene is what you need.

When you get it off make sure to clean up the shaft real, real good and coat it with anti-seize compound ... if you end up reusing the same motor.

/ Trac Vac 560 Turbine Removal #14  
bumperm, thanks for the tip. You're right, I don't know for sure if the rod is thrown, but need to get it up on the bench to find out.
Any idea of how to get that turbine impeller off?? I bought a decent gear puller to remove it, but it won't budge. Tried to heat the impeller area around the motor shaft, but don't think I got it hot enough with a propane torch.

Don't know exactly what engine you have, but most old B & S are side valves. Try removing the head first, which should be easy, and you'll be able to determine if valve/s are stuck. You might be able to "break" them loose by using penetrating oil and tapping gently on the valve face (do that with piston at TDC, as both valves should be fully closed then - - if either is still open, that's what you need to get loose :c)

bumper