trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup?

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #11  
Re: trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup?

Dosent have quite the capacity you are looking for, but awesome machines: Walker

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup?
Re: trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup?

Update:

Local tractor dealer (MB) doesn't really carry trac vac but can special order, not familiar with the 662 model. Carver Equipment confirmed that the 3 point hitch versions are "a pain in the neck" to setup properly and was hesitant to sell one over the phone. Said I'd be real angry with them by the time I got it up and running:eek: . Clearly recommended the trailer units over the threepoint mount. Power equipment wharehouse (OH) had a nice price online, but wasn't real familiar with the unit. Checked with their distributor who said 20minutes on & off.

Long story short, looking at a trailer unit.

Local lawn & garden shop has a used 1080 11HP electric start unit for $1,750 (~50% off MSRP). Looks good, stored indoors.

Decisions, decisions...

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #13  

Late reply:

I just purchased a Trac-Vac 662 pro for my Kubota BX2230 (August 2008). Wow! It does a great job and I don't have a trailer thing to drag around which gives me good flexibility.

Minior concern if property is somewhat hilly. The center of gravity goes up especially as the grass clippings fill the 44 gallon buckets.

Although the unit is expensive, about $2200, my wife loves the way the grass looks! I suffered...I purchased it for her!!

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #14  

My $0.02,

I have a trac vac tow behind on a smaller Cub Cadet. It's without a doubt
the best attachment I have. 2 acres of lawn, small orchard, and more d--n
leaves in the fall than you can shake a stick at, I wouldn't trade the trac vac
for love nor money. What used to take 2 weeks in the fall with blowers,
mowers and rakes now takes 2 easy days, and with the extension hose you
can clean out the flower beds in a jiffy.:)

Find a place to store it. It's a purchase I don't think you'll regret.

Bill

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #15  
   / trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #16  

Late reply:

I just purchased a Trac-Vac 662 pro for my Kubota BX2230 (August 2008). Wow! It does a great job and I don't have a trailer thing to drag around which gives me good flexibility.

Just curious, why didn't you get the 854/856 unit which is powered directly from the PTO rather than a gas engine?

Anyone got opinions on those units?

thanks,
dd

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #17  

Just curious, why didn't you get the 854/856 unit which is powered directly from the PTO rather than a gas engine?

Anyone got opinions on those units?

thanks,
dd
Because the vacuum takes a lot of HP. Often more than is left over after driving the mower. You dont want to lose impeller speed. Theyre very good units. The trailer tapers to allow easy self unloading. Trailer does need some attention to get it set up right tho or you can damage it.
larry

/ trac vac 662 or "truck loader" with existing dump wagon for leaf & grass pickup? #18  

Hazmat,

I am on 3.5 acres with about 2.5 cleared. And lots of trees and foliage on three sides of me. Honey suckle runs around my property for quite a distance and I have to trim it regularly. MY point? I bought a used Trac Vac 880 about a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did.I have probably as many trees as you do with several apple trees amoung them. The Trac Vac will mulch up even the 1/2 inch honey suckle branches provided you go slow enough and it absolutely destroys leaves. I run it behind a B7610 Kubota and fabricated a hitch with a standard 2 inch ball on it for ease of hook up. Yes. you have to watch turning too sharp but the storage capacity more than makes up for the bigger turning radius needed. I can mow my entire yard without dumping if I don't let the grass get too high. I don't know of any vac unit that will pick up apples completely but maybe the other members can guide you to one that does. I can tell you for sure that the first time you fire up a 580 or 880 Trac Vac and start vaccuming leaves you're going to have a big smaile on your face. Just beware though. Your neighbors will come calling if they have a lot of leaves themselves. Hope I helped you.

Hagman