Track Tensioner Problem - BD2G Bulldozer

/ Track Tensioner Problem - BD2G Bulldozer #1  

Merecka

Tractor
Mitsubishi BD2G bulldozer
I just acquired a BD2G dozer and I am having problems with keeping tracks tight. It looks like the rod packing on the adjustment cylinder is shot as I have grease coming out on the shaft. It took grease a couple of times but after a little running it would leak out each time. For some reason it will now not take any grease while there is plenty of stroke left in the cylinder. Short term fix was to put a small hydraulic bottle jack in the carrier and used it to put tension on idler (actually it is working fairly well). I have a couple of questions on replacing the rod packing, if that is my problem.

1. Can I just remove the front idler and then remove the adjustment cylinder housing, leaving the spring housing and roller carrier in bracket in place?
2. Where can I find the rod packing these days, not many part dealers I can find for these dozers.
3. Anything I need to look at as to why it stopped taking grease?

I would appreciate any help.

/ Track Tensioner Problem - BD2G Bulldozer #2  
I can get parts from Japan. I do have a parts book.

/ Track Tensioner Problem - BD2G Bulldozer #3  
Wonder if it's actually packing or just an 'O' ring, if so you should be able to get one locally. As for not taking grease, the nipple could be screwed up...............Mike

/ Track Tensioner Problem - BD2G Bulldozer #4  
I just acquired a BD2G dozer and I am having problems with keeping tracks tight. It looks like the rod packing on the adjustment cylinder is shot as I have grease coming out on the shaft. It took grease a couple of times but after a little running it would leak out each time. For some reason it will now not take any grease while there is plenty of stroke left in the cylinder. Short term fix was to put a small hydraulic bottle jack in the carrier and used it to put tension on idler (actually it is working fairly well). I have a couple of questions on replacing the rod packing, if that is my problem.

1. Can I just remove the front idler and then remove the adjustment cylinder housing, leaving the spring housing and roller carrier in bracket in place?
2. Where can I find the rod packing these days, not many part dealers I can find for these dozers.
3. Anything I need to look at as to why it stopped taking grease?

I would appreciate any help.
did you ever replace seals?? if so what holds them in place?