Tracked Skid Steer or Tractor?

/ Tracked Skid Steer or Tractor? #61  
I see the video of the mog pulling the hoe, but I can't believe what I see. I think it has something to do with the "Bugger" that they are singing about.

/ Tracked Skid Steer or Tractor? #62  
Remote logistics are a $*&%$#@*!

I suspect a JD110 or Yanmar CBL40 could do a heck of a lot of the clearing work. Some of those spruce trees are big fellas, but you could probably pull stumps on 80% of the trees, leaving the remaining stumps for the big excavator. Make sure to have the PTO option if you get one of those TLB. They are both discontinued but low hour units can be found for around $20K. Hauling the backhoe separately sounds like a grand idea, and you could leave it on the property when you bring the tractor home for winter work. Another thumbs up for the PTO log winch.

/ Tracked Skid Steer or Tractor? #63  
I see the video of the mog pulling the hoe, but I can't believe what I see. I think it has something to do with the "Bugger" that they are singing about.

That Unimog has duel 10t PTO driven forestry winches, doubled up with sheaves that's 40t of pulling power, and the Unimog is anchored by the "mountains sheild" or spragg, a large anchor to hold it in place. That model puts out about 140hp to the PTO, plenty for stumping ;) mine is a mere 84hp and single 15t hydro winch.

Last edited:
   / Tracked Skid Steer or Tractor? #64  
My Son works for a towing company. They have a hudraulic "winch box" that quick attaches to their CTL. Has a similar anchor built into it. Absolutely incredible what it will retrieve. On hard pulls the CTL will be completely off the ground. I don't question that Mogs ability to do that pull at all.

/ Tracked Skid Steer or Tractor? #65  
Kioti has an excellent sale going on the DK5010. $20,500 with shuttle, another $1000 with hydraulic shuttle. Includes loader. Base tractor weight nearly 3400 lbs. With filled tires and loader probably close to $5600 lbs. 50 HP. Not all dealers know about the sale, interested in it, or will sell without adding other costs but found several that do within driving distance of where I live. Have one on order.