Traction traction

/ traction #1  

jb112454

Silver Member
Tractor
2001 Kioti DK35
i really have good traction since i put the fluid in the rear tires on my dk35. before i lost traction in muddy or slippery situations when i had the box blade full now i don't. now when hooking on to something with the fel i can't lift the rear off the ground. what a difference!

/ traction #2  
How much extra weight did this give you? What did you fill them with?

I saw a thread somewhere recently in which people spoke of extra drivetrain stress with filled tires, and recommended that things be taken slowly and gently since there is all that extra mass which has to be rotated. I don't know if this is really an issue, but obviously some people feel it is. Just a thought...

Glad you're happy with the new performance of your machine!

/ traction
this added about 320 lbs. to the rear at 20 gallons per tire. i used 3 gallons of rv antifreeze in each tire. i don't think the added weight is an issue due to the fact that i can buy weights that add the same amount of weight. adding fluid is less expensive. for more details see my update on fluid in tires.

/ traction #4  
if you have a loader get your front tires foam filled much more weight and wicked traction
I own a 3054 and its been tuff

Terry

/ traction #5  
my rear chains are really proving themself in mud and frozen situations. so far havent been stuck.